Bull Class of 2009

Help Support Steer Planet:

Alpha

so now that all the hype has died down and the cows are bred what is every one thinking about who will be the top producing bull out of this years class of studs.

ATM
Babe Ruth
Bartender
Boilermaker
Burnout
Calv A Bull
Captain Morgan
Chopper
Chore Boy
Crowd Pleaser
Currency
Cyrus
Eagle Eye
Ego Trip
Felony
Front Street
Full Moon
Gunpowder N Lead
Highliner
Ivy League
Lockdown
Lucky Boy
Malibu
Merger
Miller Wilson Angus
Mo Magic
Muddy Water
N-Charge
Nevermore
Patron
Predator
Prestige
Prodigy
Real Time
Sturgis
TK
Top Hat
Troubadour
Walks Alone
Wave Goodbye
Wide Angle
Womanizer
Bailout
Big Bad Wolf
Black Diamond
Bojo
California Dreamin
Chopper
The Colonel
Houston
Hard Rock
Maverick
One Eyed Jack
One in a Million
Pee Wee
Power Trip
Prince
Quick Silver
Ragin Cajun
Red Zone
Ree Heights
Tiger Woods
Tiny Tim
AND MANY MORE  <rock>

LFFASHOWER

im not sure but maybe mercedes benz he was awfully cool lookin. might through some great females

olsun

Just curious, but what happened to Houston? I saw him at Hawkeye, but he is not in Lautners fall catalog. Did I miss something?

CAB

Gucci, Chopper, Cottonmouth, Ivy League,Felony,Highliner,N Charge, & Walks Alone for clubbie steers possibly.
 When I was @ Nichols both Highliner & Walks Alone were there & in my eyes those 2 bulls are more different than alike. Highliner is way more of a complete bull, but WA may make some stout steers. Time will tell. JMO.

I will also be watching the calves out of Shadow, the double clean flushmate to N Charge that Sunquist owns.

Sly

JMO. I thought Ree Heights was too small when i saw him at REI for a yearling.  I liked the Bailout bull considering th and pha free.  Will try next year.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Can you tell me how many of these bulls froze semen an had some to sell Alpha, that would mean a lot to me if I kept females .......Chopper I know collected good semen, Troubadour  collected as a yearling in good shape, There is a lot of bulls on that list that you couldn't have bred to this year if you wanted to....

olsun

I think Freddy is right on the money. In 2 or 3 years you won,t remember a lot of the bulls listed. In order for a bull to become a keeper, all of your ducks have to line up. First the bull has to generate some early interest, then he must freeze early so that semen is available while interest is hot. Next, enough good semen has to end up in the hands of the people with the best cows for that mating.If all of those things happen, you then need a couple really good calves to be born, and then those good calves need to end up in the hands of some good show folks, and they must do well at a name show, or get seen by the right people to start word of mouth. If all of these things happen you might have a great one. If not we won't see much of the bull again. That is part of what makes the show cattle world so much fun to be part of. I like it <party>

breeder

Freddy said:
Can you tell me how many of these bulls froze semen an had some to sell Alpha, that would mean a lot to me if I kept females .......Chopper I know collected good semen, Troubadour  collected as a yearling in good shape, There is a lot of bulls on that list that you couldn't have bred to this year if you wanted to....

Prestige froze semen at nichols and u can get semen from the owners or semen distributors

WFCC

saw many of the 09 lautner bulls at Great Lakes.  Very disappointed in a few.  I would say Walks Alone, Bailout, Ree Heights, and Power Trip looked best from what i have seen.

Latest posts