Calming agents, What works?

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowKidAndLovingIt

I have a sheep who is VERY, VERY crazy this year. I've already taken him to a show, and it went AWFUL. He's a very nice lamb, but I cant get him to calm down enough! He steps on me with his back feet when we are walking, he is stiff necked, pulling back, And no matter what position I try, He manages to fish tail. Even with his front end picked up a bit. He's had a pretty dang easy life, the worst thing he's ever had to endure was his first bath!
  At home he is a O.K, but as soon as he is somewhere else, he goes crazy. We plan to take him to strange places (to him) and just try and teach him that it'll be ok, but I don't know if that will be enough. So I'm looking into agents to help at least let him relax some, not to sedate him and make him a dope head- I still want to keep some of that pop.
He's a lamb I've had very high hopes for- if I can get this problem at least toned down...

chappy6655

I dont know anything about lambs, but i get 10mg capsules of melatonine and give my daughters 1000# steer thats a little crazy 10 of these every morning, it helps take the edge off him and lets him relax enough for her to handle him safely.