Manchild Heifer : Opinions please

Help Support Steer Planet:

BRdoc

Here is our Manchild heifer born 2-14-08. I posted pics of her at 1 month old also. She is by Manchild out of a Meyer cow. We just rough clipped her yesterday.
All of our Manchilds have so much hair, it's crazy. I didn't have time to crop or shop the halter out. (maybe Zach can do it for me!!)Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

• manchild hfr.JPG
    manchild hfr.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 854

Dusty

Thats a nice heifer.  She looks like she could be a little short quartered though and she looks like she is up on her toes a little much for a calf her age, but that could just be the way she's standing too.

shortyjock89

She's BAD...so bad in fact, that you should drop her off here and forget about her.  I will find a place for her to reside while I decide the best way to get rid of her..lol JUST KIDDING.  She's pretty nice, I would love to see a shot from the back, I've heard that some Manchild calves aren't very thick.  I plan on using him next year.  What are your plans for her?

Ruebush Shorthorns

She could stand in my pasture anyday with that chrome.  Clipping those blue calves can be real tricky.  Taking down some hair can change the color of an area when you are just doing what is needed to clean an area up.  They don't make blue roan touch up spray!!  I am definitly going to try and get something stuck to Manchild this fall with the straw I have remaining.  The first didn't catch a year ago.  Have been pretty impressed with the chrome and hair.  How is she from behind?  Would you say she has a pretty big hip and some stoutness?

BRdoc

I apologize for the pic. This was a quick shot in the yard! She has a very thick rear-end. We clipped the quarter a little close. Believe me, she is the thickest heifer we have ever raised. She is super sound and travels great. I will get a rear-end shot in a couple of days.

Bawndoh

Here you go.

Attachments

• manchild_hfrafter.jpg
    manchild_hfrafter.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 497

doubled

Really nice broody heifer, pretty color, does she set ok on her hind legs or is it just the picture

BRdoc

Like I said, it's not a good pic. she sets just right. just had to get a quick pic. We are sooooo busy. thank you for your comments.

6M Ranch

Bawndoh, nice job on the Photoshop, except you forgot the shadow.  (clapping)

dori36

BRdoc said:
Here is our Manchild heifer born 2-14-08. I posted pics of her at 1 month old also. She is by Manchild out of a Meyer cow. We just rough clipped her yesterday.
All of our Manchilds have so much hair, it's crazy. I didn't have time to crop or shop the halter out. (maybe Zach can do it for me!!)Let me know what you all think.

Man oh man, from the Lowline lady on the planet, I really like this heifer!  Deep flank, nice muscle expression, fancy, etc.  Maybe a little steep in the pasterns, but I'd just LOVE to see her bred to this guy!!

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 535

dori36

justamom said:
Oh my gosh he has a ton of muscle- nice bull

Thanks!  As you would expect, he's my Lowline herd sire, ABF FitZ S219.  He's 12 this year and still breeding a "full dance card" of females.  He's always been a muscle man!  This picture is a couple of years old but considering his age, he still looks pretty awesome!

TJ

Dori, I'm hearing that a real good fullblood Fitz daughter is going to be bred to Doc Holliday.  I bet that will be quite the calf.  ;) 

LinZ

I like her..Makes me pretty excited about my Manchild calf coming next year...(May) outta my PB simmy cow...

dori36

TJ said:
Dori, I'm hearing that a real good fullblood Fitz daughter is going to be bred to Doc Holliday.  I bet that will be quite the calf.   ;) 

Yup, that would be GNS Glen Ellen!  We're all excited to see this calf.  Should be thick, thick, thick.....and fancy.  Here's Ellen as a baby and as Gr. Ch Fullblood Female at the NILE (Billings).  It may be the Lowline marriage made in heaven!

Attachments

• P1010035.JPG
    P1010035.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Lowline FB Grand Female.jpg
    Lowline FB Grand Female.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 322

CAB

I would recommend looking @ Hired Man from what I've seen this fall. I think he'll be a better bull than Manchild and is clean. We used Manchild in 06. The calves are good, but not quite good enough. We did keep 3 females that will calf next spring.Brent

shortyjock89

I'm worried about those BIG shoulders that everyone talks about on Hired Man...and from what I've seen, Manchild throws rocket fronts....I'm not saying that HM won't be as good or better than MC, but I haven't seen as many calves from him yet.