'Twas the day before Christmas....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dale

Here in SW Indiana we are thankful for the Reason for the season!  Our daughter has decent weather to drive back home today from NW Iowa.  Dad used to say that having the family together was the only gift he needed.  When our children were growing up, our tradition was to cut a cedar tree on the farm--bringing in the tree is a great memory.

As much as we enjoy the cows (was there really an ox in the stable or is that just a tradition?), this time of year is another opportunity to get our priorities straight.  Many cousins will visit during this once-a-year event.  I look forward to playing Dirty Santa with a basketball autographed by Cody Zeller--do you think that might get stolen?  Too much food will help us appreciate our simplicity and routine after the holidays. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

oakview

Merry Christmas to all! 

Christmas memories and tradition are great.  We always went to Mom's folks Christmas Eve, had Christmas at our house Christmas morning, and then went to Dad's parents' house later Christmas day.  Lots of driving, but I'd do it again in a minute if I could.  All the kids and grandkids will be here.  Just got off the phone with my 85 year old uncle.  We'll go into town and pick him up if he's able to come out.  If not, we'll stop by and see him.  Lots of church, lots of singing, and, of course, too much food!

Latest posts