What is favorite bull brought to your attention thanks to SP?

Help Support Steer Planet:

jaimiediamond

I have two favorites outside of my normal comfort zone

My Reserve Champion being Rumor Mill high percentage Maine bull and the Champion is a Shorthorn Plus TG/RRA COMPLETE 421U

Attachments

• Mr_Complete_1.jpg
    Mr_Complete_1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 229
  • rumor mill.jpg
    rumor mill.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 231

trevorgreycattleco

Im partial to the guy on top but I knew about him before steerplanet :)

You ask a very good question and I am having a hard time answering. I got to get back to ya.

DCC show cattle

mercedes benz and rumor mill for sure! Both bulls have the maine genetics that I love for females but choppin wood will definately be in something of mine I just haven't figured out what yet!

oakview

I won't pick out a particular bull, but I will have to say the Canadian Shorthorn breeders have done a good job of presenting what they have.  There are several interesting possibilities that I have become more aware of through SP.  For most of the life of our Shorthorn herd, we used a certain bull or two, kept some daughters, picked another bull, and so on.  Somewhere in the 80's or 90's, though, it seems like a lot of breeders, me included, started using a lot of different lines with no particular destination in mind other than raising a calf we could sell for money.  Since our cow sale in 2003, I decided to get back to how it used to be.  In the near future, I'll have a herd of about 40 half sisters and some of the Canadian bulls seem to be worth consideration for the next step.  I found a bull that I think would be the ticket, but I'm a year away from really needing him.  Of course, I do have that new white bull behind the barn for a little experimentation.  Old habits are hard to break!

Warrior10

Rumor Mill looks good will try to use him! and also never would have tried Bojo if not for the good comments on here.

trevorgreycattleco

I would say Kaper 4508, 108 and the whole Kaper herd. Very cool. Prophecy is cool. SP confirmed my thoughts about Muridale Buster. Awesome bull.

Other than that, I have to say the people I have met on SP trump the bulls I have found. Mr Tenenbaum, Aussie, RN Reed , OH Breeder, to name a few are truly folks I like to chat with. Never knew them until SP! Cheers.

J

JTM

My top choice would definitely be TG/RRA Complete 421U. It didn't take me too long to realize that I needed to get in the truck and go check this guy out. I was pleased to learn that I didn't have to drive all the way to Michigan (although I was prepared) to check him out. Bought him when I first seen him because I knew that he would not last for a few more days, especially after seeing him in person.
I also have liked a lot of the bulls I have seen on some threads like the "Heifer bulls" thread. My reserve champion would be RS 034 329 or "329". This bull was in the pasture along with Complete when I purchased him. He is a very nice, calving ease Shorthorn bull with a lot to offer other than calving ease.

Attachments

• Mr Complete 2.jpg
    Mr Complete 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 329.jpg
    329.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 193

Show Steaks

The Red Angus breed in general, hadnt ever really noticed how many good red angus their was
walks alone though at first i was skeptical of the hype i seen him and have really liked what he has done

linnettejane

jpj

wolf willow major leroy, have 2 in my herd since seeing him on here, planning on more
and touchdown, hope to have a couple of those next  year also

captain obvious and nitro (waitin to see more outta him)

ruhtram

JPJ (jakes proud jazz) - Used to be the talk of the board. Has since faded but i wouldn't know of him today if it wasn't for SP!

ruhtram

trevorgreycattleco said:
I would say Kaper 4508, 108 and the whole Kaper herd. Very cool. Prophecy is cool. SP confirmed my thoughts about Muridale Buster. Awesome bull.

Other than that, I have to say the people I have met on SP trump the bulls I have found. Mr Tenenbaum, Aussie, RN Reed , OH Breeder, to name a few are truly folks I like to chat with. Never knew them until SP! Cheers.

Good point!!

rarebirdz

redoin my research from sp and I would like to revise my first choice to Rumor Mill as he is THF I still am all over Choppin Wood but when there is 2 good bulls defect free win imo

hntwhitetail

rarebirdz said:
redoin my research from sp and I would like to revise my first choice to Rumor Mill as he is THF I still am all over Choppin Wood but when there is 2 good bulls defect free win imo

You won't be disappointed in Rumor Mill.  I saw him lastnight and he is outstanding. 

mark tenenbaum

Trying to keep things going a lttle Lately I like Comptons How Its Done I watched him grow up a few times and then  saw him at less than a year at Ohio Beef Expo (pictured- talk about a crowd pleaser) Then took him to the Nichols  bull stud and back last week on a visit out there. Very impressive even in his working clothes and as ez to handle as any bull Ive been around. His 68 pound BW is a major plus for an animal so massive but he is not made like he would be hard calving  O0

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg How Its Done 1.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg How Its Done 1.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3983.jpg How its done.jpg
    IMG_3983.jpg How its done.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1807.jpg how its done ohio.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg how its done ohio.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1790.jpg How its done ohio 1.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg How its done ohio 1.jpg
    902.8 KB · Views: 39

GM

Mark, unfortunately, you might be the only one left on this site besides the Bots. 

beebe

mark tenenbaum said:
Trying to keep things going a lttle Lately I like Comptons How Its Done I watched him grow up a few times and then  saw him at less than a year at Ohio Beef Expo (pictured- talk about a crowd pleaser) Then took him to the Nichols  bull stud and back last week on a visit out there. Very impressive even in his working clothes and as ez to handle as any bull Ive been around. His 68 pound BW is a major plus for an animal so massive but he is not made like he would be hard calving  O0
    Cumberland Gay Lad. The best topped bull I know of.  I am tired of looking at bulls That look like a ski jump.