08 Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

thats funny

These are a few of our calves, none of them have been on feed, and the night before they were takin off the cows soo they were all bellerin all night so they dont look the best.  I hope to get better pics of them on here in the next week or 2.  The first one is a Blue Blood heifer calf, out of a Kool(shorthorn)/Red Angus cow.  The second pic is a Heat Wave 1 heifer out of an Angus cow.  Her half brother did very well this summer up here in North Dakota, he was a Black Kat.  The 3rd pic is a Sin City heifer out of a Red Angus cow, we have showed 2 of her full sibs and they did very well.  The 4th pic is of a Who Made Who steer, and out of a Mossy Oak granddaughter.  And the 5th pic is of a Double Stuff heifer, out of a Sin City daughter, a full sib to the Sin City calf pictured.  I just wanted to hear some opinions.

Attachments

• Blue B 1.JPG
    Blue B 1.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 917
  • HW1.JPG
    HW1.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 903
  • Shorty 1.JPG
    Shorty 1.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 890
  • White Leg 1.JPG
    White Leg 1.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 868
  • Whitey 1.JPG
    Whitey 1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 871

thats funny

Yeah Blue Blood works good, my brother also has a Blue Blood bull calf that he is keeping to use himself. 

thats funny

What do people think of the calves....I might have some different pics up in the near by future....the calves are like 200 miles from me so its hard to get pics wenever I want.

shortdawg

I like the shorty the best ! Nice color and looks to be pretty deep bodied for a Sin City.

shortdawg

I've seen a few that was a little tubular but your cows probably have plenty of depth. I'm a little partial to the shortys and I think she would make someone a nice show heifer.

shortdawg

She's got nice extension, looks feminine, and seems to be pretty square on her feet.  She doesn't seem to have the depth or rib shape of the Sin City heifer.