10 REASONS YOU KNOW YOU SHOW CATTLE

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

BIGTEX said:
You might show cattle if you look like a paint huffer.

THAT IS THE CLASSIC!!!!

OR....Your waitress is looking at you funny because the whole table has black paint all over their hands?!?!?

afhm

How bout you remember birthdays, anniversaries or where you were when something big happened by what show or sale falls on the same day/weekend.

Dusty

How bout when you're sitting on the showbox with your brother and a woman walks by and immediately to start talking about the things you would "fix" about her..  Yeah ladies, guys do that.......

shortyjock89

Dusty said:
How bout when you're sitting on the showbox with your brother and a woman walks by and immediately to start talking about the things you would "fix" about her..   Yeah ladies, guys do that.......

Favorite pastime of me and my buddies at State Fair...not enough to look at at county fair lol.

princess

Here is a quote for you. This is why I show cattle, raise them and love them with all my heart.

Animals are such agreeable friend
They ask no questions and pass no criticism.

I think its quite cute. Also by showing cattle, you have friends for life. I also show cattle because I like to see animals with untapped potential win and prove themselves in the ring. Its hard to explain but sometimes there are show heifers that when you look at  them you get goose bumps because you know they are that good and you know they`ll win. I had that feeling with Matlock Golden Girl 39M. Its a very addictive feeling.

frm_girl

These are all very good!!

-You walk your cattle up and down the drive way and give the honking sign to semis to get them used to loud noises.
-Your checkbook balance had the word "feed store" in it more than Wal-Mart.
-You spend you free time watching cattle grooming videos over and over.

-Your having the BEST time of your life!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

klintdog

You can say that you're going to bone some legs and not get dirty looks.  ;)

OH Breeder

Okay. I had to think about the "paint huffer". GOT IT. Wow i am slow. That one is FUNNY! O0

afhm

How about you idea of sleeping in  is waking up at 6am.
When getting to the hotel after midnight  and leaving to go back to the barn at 3am is no big deal.
You might show livestock if your feed pans double as ice chests
You might show too much if at every intersection you make a wide turn to compesate for the trailer that you aren't pulling.
Your spouse can't remeber your birthday but knows the dob of every heifer in your kid's class.

shortyjock89

When you spend $1000 and more to travel to a show, and win $500 bucks and it's a good weekend.
or
The only hobby I know of that you can lose $500 bucks in a weekend on and still do it again next week.

Bawndoh

Dusty said:
How bout when you're sitting on the showbox with your brother and a woman walks by and immediately to start talking about the things you would "fix" about her..   Yeah ladies, guys do that.......

Coming from one of these "women" that you would probably analyze, I think this is really cute!  I do this too, especially at large public outings...but with all kinds of people.

renegade

Bawndoh said:
Dusty said:

Coming from one of these "women" that you would probably analyze, I think this is really cute!  I do this too, especially at large public outings...but with all kinds of people.

Not gonna lie - my friends and I do it all the time lol! Like at fairs and rodeos and stuff - it seems like it would be a guy thing but us girls do it too  (lol)

Dusty

Bawndoh said:
Dusty said:

You got pretty good hooks and pins?? LOL

klintdog

You can have a debate about white vs black and not worry about who's listening to your conversation.
Hauling manure on a pitch fork is a perfectly respectable job.

justme

My problem I have too much of that!  If I was a cow I'd be ideal,  I'm deep, easy doin' kind lol.  Man I wish we were judged like a cow, if we were I'd be drop dead gorgeous! lol (lol)

cowz

justme said:
My problem I have too much of that!  If I was a cow I'd be ideal,  I'm deep, easy doin' kind lol.  Man I wish we were judged like a cow, if we were I'd be drop dead gorgeous! lol (lol)
[/quote

Heavy sigh.....great feed conversion just doesnt work for the rest of us!    If I could just get one more frame score up!? (clapping)

Bawndoh

Dusty said:
Bawndoh said:
Dusty said:

You got pretty good hooks and pins?? LOL

Yeah, a good lower quarter really... ;).  So ive been told...many times.