19th Annual Who's Your Daddy Shorthorn Bull & Female Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Royce Moellenbeck

The Catalog is here!! This year the Who's Your Daddy consigners are offering 58 high quality bulls, 6 exceptional heifer calves and 3 sets of Saskvalley Embryos. Feel free to contact anyone of the consigners for more information. Videos will be available in the upcoming weeks. Do note that the sale is on Thursday April 7, this is a week later in the calendar but the sale is always on the first Thursday in April.  <cowboy> <rock>

We are also excited to announce that Matt Woolfolk of MRW Cattle Resources and ASA Director of performance programs & performance data  has been added to our sale staff. Matt will be in attendance for the sale at Saskatoon.

Updated link:
https://issuu.com/roycemoellenbeck/docs/19th_annual_who_s_your_daddy_shorthorn_bull_sale

beebe

21 25 26. If 21 had 10 pounds les birth weight I would buy him.

knabe

beebe said:

90 is too high for bw on 21?

pretty decent for an old sire bull and bonanza on the bottom. the bull has mass.

beebe

knabe said:
beebe said:

90 is too high for bw on 21?

pretty decent for an old sire bull and bonanza on the bottom. the bull has mass.
Yes but I have frame score 4 cows and am old enough that I no longer enjoy assisting births.  We do pelvic measure and it would probably be ok but I like sleeping at night,  I really like the topline on that bull.

knabe

good reason. bonanza is my 2nd or 3rd favorite shorthorn bull all time.

he's kinda big.

coyote

Muridale History 5H is a pretty soggy bull. He is an Embryo Transfer calf that might of gave him some birth weight and if you believe in EPD's he is in the top 10% for CED and BW. Myself I wouldn't be worried at all using him on cows. We sure liked his mother here.

Attachments

• 76Y - Copy.JPG
    76Y - Copy.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 57

knabe

beebe said:
knabe said:
good reason. bonanza is my 2nd or 3rd favorite shorthorn bull all time.

he's kinda big.
So who is number one?

this doesn't really narrow it down, and in no particular order

four point major
leader 6th
buster 14K
bonanza

5. majors leroy (in spite of reports of bw)

I think i like buster best though.  i think i would cross buster and bonanza all day.

RyanChandler

What would be the significance of adding somebody to the sales staff that doesn’t know a dam thing about shorthorn cattle

Okotoks

A great opportunity to get a herd sire out of this sale. Just take a look at the herd bulls of influence in some of the biggest most successful sales in the US this spring! Plus the Saskvalley feed efficiency test is leading edge for beef producers. Check it out!

knabe

assuming data is available, sifting through data quickly is agnostic of breed, and not everyone will be able to do that comprehensively, analyze weakness, strength of data etc.