2 bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Can anyone who is better with the computer please try to find a Link to a pic of a Heatwave son called Free & Clear and an Angus Bull named OCC Freestyle # 12885968 please post back up. Thanks in advance, Cab
  BTW, the Free & clear bull is double clean, could have actually been double dirty. Heatwave on an Ethonal X Draft Pick cow. I was told that there was a pic on Christy Collins site, but I am on dial up here in the sticks & couldn't get the pic. I was told pic # 112.

CAB

Thanks so much Farmboy. I knew one of you computer savvy whipper snappers could get him pulled up. I don't know the age of the bull. He is running with cows @ Dean Kephart's right now. I think he owns a piece of the bull along with some others. Seth Johnson owns part of him also. He has been tested 3 different times and has came up double clean all 3. I also think that he has been collected @ Mid-West genetics in the great state of Texas.

CAB

Thank You Show Dad. I've been told that the cows out of Freestyle are very good. You all have seen the pic of the real good blaze faced Cowboy cut heifer that was pictured everywhere and sold a bunch of semen on Cowboy Cut, the dam of that heifer was a Freestyle.

CJB

Saw Freestyle with a group of heifers @ Kepharts about 5-6 years ago., and he was one of the most impressive "club calf type" Angus bulls that I had seen.  Dean said they never had any calving problems out of him either, and were using him extensively on heifers.  Semen was hard to get on him then, b/c Dean wasn't letting much get on the public market until he knew for sure how the bull was going to turn out.  I'd kinda forgot about him, but he is a pretty good bull.

DL

CAB said:
Thanks so much Farmboy. I knew one of you computer savvy whipper snappers could get him pulled up. I don't know the age of the bull. He is running with cows @ Dean Kephart's right now. I think he owns a piece of the bull along with some others. Seth Johnson owns part of him also. He has been tested 3 different times and has came up double clean all 3. I also think that he has been collected @ Mid-West genetics in the great state of Texas.

Just out of curiosity - why would someone test a bull for genetic defects 3 times?? Like they say on CSI (or is it some other foolish TV show) DNA doesn't lie - it ain't gonna change (assuming all the samples came from the same bull)?? and to think there are people who won't even test once - go figure :eek: :eek: :eek:

CAB

Bit of a long story Dl, but the bull has changed ownership some, so he's been tested 3 times is what Dean told me.

CAB

When I talked with Dean about the Freestyle bull, he does use him on heifers some, but here's what he told me. "Most the the heifer calves will come unassisted ,but you will need to pull approx. 1/2 of the bull calves, and some will be HARD pulls" I just didn't want someone to use the bull as calving ease and get a surprise. Have any of you had or seen very many of the Carney Man bull's calves?