200 Dead cows in Wisconsin

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Up to 200 cows have mysteriously been found dead in Wisconsin in the latest mass animal death.

Has anybody heard any of this?  They are saying that the cows "may have died on BVD or BRSD" or some type of virus.  Any other information on this.  Everything I read is very vague

JWW

my guess is to have that rapid death of 200 cows would be some sort of toxin, or allergic reaction to a common cause. even though the article says IBR/BVD, IBR or BVD probably couldn't kill 200 cows in that very short period of time, it would be more strung out. JMO

JWW

kanshow

linnettejane

the news release is posted on my blog...very strange...because if it was a disease, odd that 200 would all die at the same time....sounds more like poisoning to me... <alien>

Show Dad

LJ I didn't notice that you had gotten a new blog. I had been posting to mine but I guess that Jason made a server change and somethings got lost in the move. I sure hated to losing all that stuff.

But I sure do enjoy reading yours. <alien>

Wisrose

I've talked to a few area farmers who know the guy that lost the steers. He didn't have them all vaccinated and a fast acting virus swept through the herd. There was another lot in the area who lost 30 head earlier to pneumonia. The guys dad has steers just down the road and didn't lose any, his were vaccinated. No piosoning or starvation. I've driven past this place many times and have bought hay in the past from them. Lots of animals in a confined space, but that's how feed lots are. They do need to be on higher ground, lots of mud in wet years. He's also near growing subdivisions, so this will give them ammunition I'm sure. Hard to operate farms next to towns.

linnettejane

SD said:
LJ I didn't notice that you had gotten a new blog. I had been posting to mine but I guess that Jason made a server change and somethings got lost in the move. I sure hated to losing all that stuff.

But I sure do enjoy reading yours. <alien>

thanks  :)