2008-09 Model Steers-First Outing

Help Support Steer Planet:

mrs sawboss

Attached are pics of the recent additions to our barn.  Took them to a little prospect show this weekend and kids and calves did great!  We have only had the red and white steer a week and you would have thought we had had him months by the way he behaved in the ring.  Black steer is a sweet baby and he did really well for our youngest son, also.  Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Big Sandy Prospect Show 006 (Small).jpg
    Big Sandy Prospect Show 006 (Small).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 538
  • Big Sandy Prospect Show 001 (Small).jpg
    Big Sandy Prospect Show 001 (Small).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 534

red

wow! how did they place. It's good to brag on your kids. To many times we only hear the bad about youth.

Red  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) <party>

sawboss

It was a very small jackpot show, the red and white stood Grand Overall and the black stood as Reserve Grand Overall both coming from the same class.  Youngest boy also won a buckle as Breed Champion with his Brangus heifer.

showsteerdlux

Did you get the red and white from custy? he looks like a Tank x that I had seen on their site.
Very nice calves and congrats on sweeping the show with grand and reserve!

sawboss

Thanks, it was not very strong of a show.  Yes we purchased him from Custy, but the breeder is a Planet member Olsen Cattle Co. he is a Tank x Hoo Doo cross that weighed in at 570 lbs.  The black steer came from Kris Black in Oklahoma and is a Torque x Full Flush weighing 545 lbs.  The pics do not do them just due to the unlevel ground, both are extemely sound and move like cats.

GONEWEST

I knew that was Olsen's steer, not to hard to recognize. Congrats to you and your kids as well as the breeder!

red

I think that is one of the nicest things here. We can brag about our kids or even ourselves & no one thinks anything wrong w/ it.

Red  <party>  (welcome)

olsencattleco

Congrats Sawboss!! 

Both the calves look very nice. Be sure to keep me posted if you guys get "Tank" out anymore this summer.  Maybe we will be at a few of the same shows and i can meet you guys. It looks like your sons do a very good job at getting the calves shown.

eric olsen