2008 jr nationals

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

This may be jumping the gun a bit but where are the Jr nationals in 2008. May need to buy a different breed if they are close.

cowz

The Hereford Jr. Nationals are in Denver this summer!  Did you shop accordingly??

Seems like the Angus Jr. Nationals take a turn in Denver every 4-5 years.  It may be 2008 or 2009.    If the shorthorns and maines are in Oklahoma this year, I'll bet they are in the eastern states next year.

Anyone out there with some inside info?

red

Jill- are they all going to be in KS the same time? How will that work if they are?
Might be nice for families that show more than 1 breed. Can you show an animal as a dual registered in more than 1 show?

Red

itk

I'm on the Kansas Shorthorn Board of Directors so I know alittle about what is going on. A number of breeds are having there shows in consecutive weeks in Kansas City in order to save money on set up costs. It could definitely get interesting for people who have percentage cattle. It wouldn't be to hard to have a heifer that could show as a chi, shorty and maine. The funny thing is with how the shorthorn appendix program is set up a fullblood maine is considered 3/4 shorthorn. So a calf with no actual shorthorn blood can show in the shorthorn appendix show.

red

Yes, my red cow is considered a 1/2 blood horn & has no shorthorn blood in her. I know a lot of people were interested in her calves because they usually are red.

Red

moaggie

The Hereford Junior Show is in Kansas City in 2008, my daughter wanted to go to Denver this year but I didn't think it was a good idea since it would have been our first national show and I convinced her that KC is a better deal since it is less than 2 hours away for us. Took her to the regional show last summer in Springfield, MO and now she is all fired up about showing more.  (clapping)

AAOK

red said:
(welcome) Moaggie!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Good luck!

Red

You should have gone to Denver.  It always seemed to us like the further the travel, the more Fun the trip.

Latest posts