2010 Agribition Champion by Jakes proud Jazz

Help Support Steer Planet:

scotland

mornign , a pic of my Senior chapion Shorthorn bull sired by Jakes Proud Jazz, wieghed 2510lbs on show day, frame 6.7, thick and smooth. His first calves beat all expectation.

Attachments

• 1GRP3785[1].JPG addicted2010.jpg
    1GRP3785[1].JPG addicted2010.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 395

justintime

I haven't seen all the JPJ sons out there but this is the best one I have seen. Super thick and stout and structurally sound. And he has good performance.  Rollie, if I had been the judge it would have been you and Bishop's Saskvalley Ramrod son that would have been in the winner's circle. IMO, these two bulls were the best muscled, soundest made in the show, and they were bulls that would advance a breeding program. I not sure if the bulls that did win, would do the same thing as good.

Okotoks

From my viewpoint JSf Addicted 82U and Paintearth Rama 53U were standout bulls and should have gone right through from the Senior division( and the bulls from the Junior division that won were strong.)
Last year JSF Addicted weighed 1728 lbs. with a 3.01 WPDA and this year 2509 with a 2.59 WPDA
Last year Paintearth Rama 53U weighed 1830 lbs.with a 2.96 WPDA and this year 2465 lbs. with a 2.51 WPDA.
Here is alink to Rama's photo
http://grantspix.smugmug.com/2010-Livestock-Shows/Canadian-West/14822470_aU2Yh#1105791333_vYBT5

knabe

i think the fullblood maine show was cancelled due to limited entries.  did anyone brings some anyway?

NSF

Which lot number was he from Jungels' 09 sale? i have worked on his bulls for a while now but usually only remember the tag numbers.

knabe

Okotoks said:
knabe said:
i think the fullblood maine show was cancelled due to limited entries.  did anyone brings some anyway?
Here are the Maine results ,Looks like the fullbloods if there were any showed with the partbreds.
http://agribition.com/show_sales_results/2010/results-maineanjoushow.pdf

partbreds.  ouch.  the fullbloods will mostly be different than the smerfs, and it's doubtful many judges would consider that.  that's not to say fullbloods couldn't make a smerf, just that most probably don't want to, nor do they want giraffes either.

shorties

NSF, He was lot 5 on 09' DD his tatto is 82U... Rollie fell in love with this bull and i can now see why!  Rollie he looks really good wish i could have been up there to help.
Kacey

Doc

He looks real good. He has the size that I like to see in my bulls, instead of the smaller framed JPJ that you usually see. I would like to see a little more cods on him . What kind of cow is he out of?

garybob

Doc said:
He looks real good. He has the size that I like to see in my bulls, instead of the smaller framed JPJ that you usually see. I would like to see a little more cods on him . What kind of cow is he out of?
yes, what is his yearling scrotal circumference? I think the weather kinda had 'em drawn-up.

GB

scotland

he meausred 42cm when drawn , his dam is a daughter of Eagle 255. His first 2 sons will enter the EU barn in early 2011 for collection for  the UK and Europe.
Addicted USA reg#*x4143282, his epd and pedigree.

DakotaCow

shorties said:
NSF, He was lot 5 on 09' DD his tatto is 82U... Rollie fell in love with this bull and i can now see why!  Rollie he looks really good wish i could have been up there to help.
Kacey

Now I would really like to see Lot 6, the way I remember it they were a great pair. He looks good Rollie. <cowboy>

justintime

garybob said:
Doc said:
yes, what is his yearling scrotal circumference? I think the weather kinda had 'em drawn-up.

GB

There is no issues with this bulls testicles. They are large and well formed.

mark tenenbaum

He looks really good-and certainly has some performance-hes gotta be out of a pretty big cow-HOW ARE THE BITHWTS-we need a larger calving ease deal like him . I saw alot of the first round Jazz sons Jungels had at Denver-they were peas in a pod-but pretty small-compared to thier other bulls Ive seen. O0

scotland

Semen is available on Adicted 82U. He served 13 heifers and cows as a yearling, all calved unassisted, 1 white(from a white cow  with a white grandmother)2 roans, 3 red roans, 7 reds. No spotted colors.

garybob

scotland said:
Semen is available on Adicted 82U. He served 13 heifers and cows as a yearling, all calved unassisted, 1 white(from a white cow  with a white grandmother)2 roans, 3 red roans, 7 reds. No spotted colors.
That answers my question, thank you. I think I will contact my Amigos in South Texas about using him.

GB

Latest posts