2010 Calf Pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

HCCHSS

This is an April 12 Johnny Walker Red bull calf out of a red angus x hereford cow.
Unfortunately the sun was setting when I finally got time to picture him, hence the shadows.
Any comments welcome.  

Attachments

• IMG_5479.JPG
    IMG_5479.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 200

sue

You're right about the shadows but he standing there so perfect. nice calf

wowcows

Is it that he is a "bit leggy" or is it that he hasn't enough body dept? What ever, good pic! Just turn him a qquarter turn and the sun would be working for you I'll bet. <beer>

dori36

HEAVEN_CATTLE said:
This is an April 12 Johnny Walker Red bull calf out of a red angus x hereford cow.
Unfortunately the sun was setting when I finally got time to picture him, hence the shadows.
Any comments welcome.  

With just this one pictures,  the considerable shadows and the fact that he appears to be standing a bit downhill, I'd like to see a little more extension up front.  Again, that could be due to his standing with his back feet a little higher than his fronts.  Fancy nice calf, though!

dori36

HEAVEN_CATTLE said:
Ya he is a litle bit leggy a this point in his life, but is just starting to really fill out. We will have to see what fall brings. <beer>

I had to share these pics with you, regarding the legginess.  Here's a halfblood Lowline/BueLingo heifer that had legs that I couldn't believe when she was a baby!  I couldn't imagine what she'd turn into as an older heifer.  I was amazed how well she came into herself as she matured .....thank goodness!  Here she is in pasture at, probably 30 - 40 days old (June) and again in the show ring at Denver in January! 

Attachments

• soxheif6.04shq.jpg
    soxheif6.04shq.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Starsnstrpsnwss2005.jpg
    Starsnstrpsnwss2005.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 216