2010 display bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

bcosu

Throttle said:
jbh said:
DCC_Cattle said:
Were there any other shorthorn bulls there besides Off Road?

A bull called METRO.....I think???....Agles from Ohio had him.....good lookin, made right, don't remember pedigree.
I was hoping someone who had seen him would comment...he's not that far from me at home now. I'll have to go look...Bob really likes him, and I think he knows good cattle...if I remember right he is a Bloodstone

is this the bull calf he bought out of Greenhorn's sale? if it is, then i think he is a bloodstone by the della daisy cow.

Throttle

cbcfarms said:
Throttle said:
jbh said:
DCC_Cattle said:
Were there any other shorthorn bulls there besides Off Road?

A bull called METRO.....I think???....Agles from Ohio had him.....good lookin, made right, don't remember pedigree.
I was hoping someone who had seen him would comment...he's not that far from me at home now. I'll have to go look...Bob really likes him, and I think he knows good cattle...if I remember right he is a Bloodstone

is this the bull calf he bought out of Greenhorn's sale? if it is, then i think he is a bloodstone by the della daisy cow.

That must be the one, as he is from Greenhorn's. Do you know how the cow is bred? I saw the full or maternal sib heifer at NAILE (I can't remember if she was a Bloodstone or not, but Josh told me that Bob Agle had bought the sib bull) and she was much more my kind than the majority of females in the Shorty rows (smaller, stouter, more clubby) and subsequently got buried in the show (like 5th or something)

bcosu

yeah. i worked with him some as a calf and i liked him more than the other bulls in the sale. he always had the look of a showy kind of bull. his dam is a WHR Sonny out of WR4 Della D. He looked ten times better at the sale than he looked at picture time and i was kind of wondering how he looked now.

jason

I will have an ad up for Smiling Bob here in the next few days, just got his photos yesterday and  (thumbsup)  <rock>.

steerjockey

i will be carrying the canadian semen on smilin bob just got the photos also here they are!

Attachments

• Smilin Bob[1].jpg
    Smilin Bob[1].jpg
    126 KB · Views: 330
  • Smilin Bob Front Three quarter[1].jpg
    Smilin Bob Front Three quarter[1].jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 306

steerjockey

also for those of you who are interested BLIND SIDE was checked out at stud and is 15% from freezing which is super close for his age we are hoping to have some frozen collections by mid february so order now we have sold almost 750 units already!

steerjockey

more promotion pics just released! names are under the photos.

Attachments

• nasty habit.jpg
    nasty habit.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 254
  • nasty habit front shot.jpg
    nasty habit front shot.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 237
  • salty dog.jpg
    salty dog.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 295
  • salty dog front shot.jpg
    salty dog front shot.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 261

shortyjock89

Garten's also raised Perfect Timing  ;)  Those are all great pics of some good bulls.  I was super pleased to see Smilin Bob take such a good pic, I feel that he could be special if people can get over his size, and I'd call his style a bit more "rugged" than some clubby guys like.

kfacres

The AKA bull makes  you wonder what kind of a recip he was in?? holstein maybe... it's been said that the RNA can influence color- which is why clones aren't the same color__hmm???? 

horseshoe b

WFCC said:
i think there is no doubt monopoly is the next heat wave.  He looks to work on a wide variety of cows.  i also think they could of came up with a better name for the full sib to dirty harry

he is not near stout enough for us to use in the south,  yes he will soften them up,  but  he just does not put enough muscle in his calves to slick,    makes you want to cry when you see what is left of the rear ends when you take the hair off.

mooch

horseshoe b said:
WFCC said:
i think there is no doubt monopoly is the next heat wave.  He looks to work on a wide variety of cows.  i also think they could of came up with a better name for the full sib to dirty harry

he is not near stout enough for us to use in the south,  yes he will soften them up,  but  he just does not put enough muscle in his calves to slick,    makes you want to cry when you see what is left of the rear ends when you take the hair off.

BLASPHEMY!  ;) You can't put the truth on here! Don't think he puts enough top and hip in them for the north either IMO.Looking at his sons fron Denver seems to bear this out . Has his place I'm sure on those hard terminal looking cows but is not going to work on every thing .