2012 F350 6.7 L

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJB

Anybody out there have one of these?  Looking seriously into purchasing a crew cab long bed, and I am just looking for some opinions from current owners/drivers of them.

Also, does anyone out there happen to have an X-plan friends and family code that they would be willing to part with?  I need to save as many $$$ as possible, as my wife is pregnant with twin girls due in mid September.  I've kind of got to upgrade from my current 2 door f150, in order to have a place for the whole family rather than just my wife and I.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Feel free to pm me.

Thanks a bunch!!!

cattlefarmer

I have an 11 F250 and love it.  I only have 11k on it but so far no problems.  Power is unreal for a stock pickup and fuel milage is good also.  Cruise is a must on two lane roads because it always seems like I am going 70 mph on them.  A lot of people are scared of the urea but it's not a big deal a full tank of it will last an oil change and some if you never pull a trailer.  If you pull a trailer all the time I've been told it only lasts like 3-3500 miles.  The urea is also available at most gas stations that sell diesel now so if you are low its not hard to find.    Seats are way more comfortable than my 10 was.  Tons of storage under the seats too.  The only thing I don't like is console is now covered in cloth instead of vinyl which makes keeping clean and cleaning it if it gets dirty much harder. 

OKshorthorn

We have one, its strictly a work truck, alwasy pulling a trailer, and sometimes loaded down pretty good. I'm not a fan of the truck, personally. It is an F350, but it is easily the roughest riding pickup I have ever rode in without a trailer. It seems to have more power compared to the 2003, 2004, 2007, and 2009 F350's that we have had. Have you had a chance to look under the hood of the 2012? There is absolutely no way you will be able to work on it, the dealership has to do everything just about, and I have mechanics on staff. Just got ours back from the ford house earlier this week, it has 30k on it now. I'm looking at the bill right now, its $2,728.09. It had a couple problems, the A/C wasn't working very well in it, the turn signal selector was broke, and the handle that is attached to the frame to help you get in and out of the truck (oh sh!% handle) fell off. Anyway, I was pretty upset that warranty didn't cover a single item. The guy told me the A/C wouldn't be warranty because there was dirt in the filter and so we have been driving down dirt road with the windows down which voids the warranty. I said, you have got to be kidding me, driving with the windows down voids the warranty? He said yes and he doesn't have a choice but to charge me. The most aggravating thing is that this particular truck is driving on highways about 90% of the time. Anyway, i'm sure your ford dealership is better where you are than here, but be sure you look under the hood, i've been told they have to basically pull the engine to do some pretty simple repairs. 

showsteerdlux

I have the exact truck you are describing and I have 2 words to describe it. Hate it. Like redwine said, they have that thing real tight and anything small is a huge charge. I'm looking at actually buying either a Chevy or another dodge now. I am done with Ford until they make it to where you can afford to own the vehicle.

OKshorthorn

I'd go with the Dodge if it was me. I was just looking at one a few weeks ago, really like it. My cousin owns a pipline construction company and they switched from Ford to Dodge starting in 2003, they have about 30 trucks and were about as Ford as you could get before they switched to Dodge. The old 7.3's were/are bullet proof and I would love to have one, but these new ones are no bueno. My next one will be a Dodge.

vc

We have been running Fords in our fleet for years, to many problems they are looking at Dodge or Chevy for the future. I have an 05 Chevy 2500 HD, it has 140,000 and have not done anything but service it in the past 7 years. If you are doing allot of heavy work but not allot of miles go with the Dodge, Cummings has power, if you are going to put in allot of seat time go with the Chevy, still the most comfortable riding truck there is.

clubcalve

The only ford I would buy would be a 7.3 . Dodge is the way to go as long as it is a Manual, we have had trouble with all of the trannys in our automatic Dodges. Good Luck

Part Timer

It honestly doesn't matter what you buy. They all have problems. I currently have a dodge and I am looking into a ford or chevy. I have had two turbos replaced, egr is constantly clogged with soot (dodge dealer told me to use the exhaust brake at all times, no big deal diesel is only $3.90 a gallon), new ball joints at 40,000 miles and need replaced again at 80,000, and the bolts that bolt the cross member to the tranny tail shaft have snapped off. The government has ruined these trucks.

showsteerdlux

Part Timer said:
It honestly doesn't matter what you buy. They all have problems. I currently have a dodge and I am looking into a ford or chevy. I have had two turbos replaced, egr is constantly clogged with soot (dodge dealer told me to use the exhaust brake at all times, no big deal diesel is only $3.90 a gallon), new ball joints at 40,000 miles and need replaced again at 80,000, and the bolts that bolt the cross member to the tranny tail shaft have snapped off. The government has ruined these trucks.
I had the same issue with the egr. Then I spent a grand and got the smarty tuner, egr delete and exhaust. Problem went away, fuel mileage went up 5 mpg. Only problem is I didn't upgrade the tranny. That one bit me in the but. It needed a new tranny at 100,000 miles which is how I ended up with my 2012 F350 that I despise.