2020 Denver Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortybreeder

Trucks are on their way to Denver.. who are the hot bulls everyone is excited to check out this year? Any breeds/club calf, hill or yards.

Also post candid photos when you've got them  ;D

Gargan

I'd like to hear someone's opinion of Griswolds Relentless son and their here I am son.

Gargan

May need to click on image to zoom in

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200110-125214_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200110-125214_Instagram.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 1,403

shortybreeder

Shorthorn-Fed said:
From the looks of Facebook , Waukaru has some good ones going on my opinion.

Russ
I agree--the Stockman grandson, Rawhide 9001, really caught my eye.

I'm not sure which bulls JSF is taking down, but I found a couple bulls in their sale catalog that I'm hoping will be there. I'm also curious if Leveldale is going. I'd like to see what they put together this year since I never saw anything about a fall production sale, but they do have a bull sale on the Shorthorn Country schedule.

RyanChandler

There might be one or two there that go back to red reward  (lol)

Jokes aside I did see (1) calf in the JsF catalog that did

shortybreeder

-XBAR- said:
This calf here looks phenomenal
I like how it says "everyone" will get a chance to use him.. think maybe they're going to list him with an AI company like Select or Cattle Visions instead of limiting availability to 10 or 20 units at each sale?? That would be a nice change of pace in the breed.

Carlson Cattle

For clubbies it looks like Wade has knocked it out of the park again this year, but yes also very interested in the Relentless son from Griswolds.

mark tenenbaum

-XBAR- said:
There might be one or two there that go back to red reward  (lol)

Jokes aside I did see (1) calf in the JsF catalog that did//// Maybe thats because they bred Red Demand and registered 150 or so head to him after he went to sullivans-+- As far as registrations there are around 470 Red Demands registered and a slew of steers etc that Jay Benhm fed but didnt register-There are close to 600 Red Rewards registered and surely a bunch more that ended up on the back road near Sullivans at thier feedlot-Thats over 1000 registrations. Nobody can sell Shorthorn bulls in the volumes of the big Western Angus etc breeders-They sell more bulls in a couple sales than Shorthorns do in the entire breed for several years O0

RyanChandler

Over 1000 registrations from direct offspring then the line essentially died out as evident by there being nearly none who show him as the maternal grand sire.  Like I said in the other post, you have Leveldale boardwalk and that’s it.  Out of those 150 you mention, little to none were retained as breeding pieces to build upon for the next generation -making my case and point.

mark tenenbaum

Grand daughters etc of Red Reward? Surely you jest-I dont have time to go through that many registrations Ditto to see where the Red Demand and Red Advantage  Jungels cattle  went I would say a number of them got sold somewhere :especially with the number of commercial buyers who dont give a dam about papers Next time I see Jungels I"ll try and remember to ask The Rewards are all over and there are alot of the females that have produced numerous calves that were registered Jay Benham had way more cattle out of Red Demand than Jungels and until recently was still using him although hes getting old as a walking bull-Sullivan had some too-Ive been to Benhams several times and saw as many as 25 daughters from one calf crop-about 6 years ago he sold some for several years at Ohio and kept some for cows-which he bred to private Malone and sold daughters and bulls -Some at Ohio a good many privately-to kids and commercial breeders-Who in many cases dont register anything. Of course the cattle evolved into a more attractive show package-like Rewards over Demands which were prettier and darker red,Sull payday-a kind of combo of both-and or a number of Reward sons that are doing a fairly good job even though you can also show them  SO- lets see your case over the last 14 or so YEARS for ONE line of U S  basic performance bulls (EZ CALVERS THAT GROW AND DONT LOOK LIKE SKINNY MILKERS) that are still contributing calves in 2019-20 that can SHOW and work as cows-How many Eagle 666s (the devil made me do it ) are still out there competing with Major Leroy RE BWS? O0

Medium Rare

Are there any new 1/2 blood shorthorn clubby bulls out there?

Looking for a very clean front, decent spine length, and a touch of frame to go with all the other good stuff.

Gargan

Medium Rare said:
Are there any new 1/2 blood shorthorn clubby bulls out there?

Looking for a very clean front, decent spine length, and a touch of frame to go with all the other good stuff.
To add frame and spine I'd go back a little to Tabasco.  There are a few newer ones like orange sherbet and redneck and dabo but I would think theyd downsize