$25000 Angus Steer Sold in Australia

Help Support Steer Planet:

austin

http://www.angusaustralia.com.au/Home_Info1.htm

This Angus steer bred by Tony Manchester, Rosevale Angus, Harden, NSW, sold for $25,000 at the Sydney Royal show to brothers Greg , David and Russell Cooper, Goulburn , NSW, who have all benefited from life saving heart surgery, with proceeds going to the Victor Chang memorial fund for further research into heart disease, with Mrs Ann Chang and Adam Manwarring, Cootamundra , NSW, of Murrumburrah High School , Harden, NSW, where the steer was prepared.

Good story.

Attachments

• australia 1.jpg
    australia 1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 548

wyatt

i know lol i see the person is still posting stuff tho so maybe i hope so im curious about him cuz you can only cee his head

thunderdownunder

You scared me there for a minute, I thought I'd totally missed this happening until I saw the date!!

Actually, at this year's Royal, an Angus bull sold for $26,000 in the Sydney Royal Angus sale. It was judged supreme Angus exhibit by Dawn Wilson from Miller Wilson Angus, Alberta from about 180 Angus entries.
Another Angus bull sold privately in the sheds for $20,000.

wyatt

is there like the same stuff there as there is here cuz it says ur from australia is there like club calves or is it mostly purebred

shortyjock89

wyatt said:
is there like the same stuff there as there is here cuz it says ur from australia is there like club calves or is it mostly purebred

A lot of Australian breeders would just laugh at club calves. 

wyatt

haha i do to when i know that most are just hair balls with bones you can tell in the southern states more becuase they will sweat all the glue and stuff out

shortyjock89

wyatt said:
haha i do to when i know that most are just hair balls with bones you can tell in the southern states more becuase they will sweat all the glue and stuff out

It gets plenty hot in the Midwest for that to happen too. Also, Jr shows aren't as prevalent in Australia as they are here, they focus on seedstock and a lot of herds try to just produce Bulls, like quite a few commercial purebred places here in the US.

thunderdownunder

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
wyatt said:

Most Aussies laugh their heads off at club calves

thunderdownunder

wyatt said:

We don't have club calves. As far as shows, it is purebred stud cattle, except for a few places that show crossbred steers.
Most people who show, do it to raise their profile to sell bulls. There are quite a few people though who breed for shows.
The thing you have to realise, is that our production systems are quite different to most of North America, and for the most part, there is little emphasis put on the show ring. Having said that, we do like to win when we show!

Not sure if that answers your question, but.... :-\

wyatt

thunderdownunder said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
wyatt said:

Most Aussies laugh their heads off at club calves
yeh thanks i probly wouldnt here it from anyone else but if im in australia ill be shure to check out a few farms including urs i dont think i could afford to import and buy cattle tho  ;) lol thanks