3/4 blood Simmental bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

leanbeef

I plan to use Top Grade this spring as well if semen is available. We've had some calves by Long's Shear Pleasure that look pretty good if you can use a baldy.

firesweepranch

leanbeef said:
I plan to use Top Grade this spring as well if semen is available. We've had some calves by Long's Shear Pleasure that look pretty good if you can use a baldy.

I know Shear Pleasure is young, but what kind of cows do you think he clicks with? I sure like his pedigree, we have two sheer force cows that are the most awesome cows!
Have any pics of calves by him?
Thanks

WKYIronMike

I liked the 3/4 bull I had CLCC Big Ben, he is a Star Power x DMN Daisy Mae son. The few calves I had from him are really coming on. The weaning weights are nice and he sure did add the hair. If I had him now I wouldn't have sold him, but I can't have too many bulls out here. I'm really watching his sons I've got.

CAB

We used a little Rock Solid last season. He's a full sib to Chopper's dam. Cattle Visions has him listed.

leanbeef

CAB said:
We used a little Rock Solid last season. He's a full sib to Chopper's dam. Cattle Visions has him listed.

Is that the 845U bull? A buddy of mine just ordered some of that... What do those calves look like?

leanbeef

firesweepranch said:
leanbeef said:

I know Shear Pleasure is young, but what kind of cows do you think he clicks with? I sure like his pedigree, we have two sheer force cows that are the most awesome cows!
Have any pics of calves by him?
Thanks

I had a handful of fall calves out of him and we have a few more coming right now. I don't have any pictures yet. I did lose one big calf out of a heifer that carried him 10 days over her due date and had trouble. The rest of the calves have been real moderate...not big at all. I'm hoping he was a fluke, and my theory on that calf is even low birth weight genetics that are high octane growth are going to throw some birth weight on some cows, and especially females that are stacked for performance too. She's a Rookie daughter with a 100-pound YW EPD, and she just couldn't get him out in time. If I had been there, I coulda saved him.

I used him on some of our best cows for this spring, and those babies are looking pretty cool so far. Gibbs down in Alabama leased the bull last fall, and I got to see their calves back in November. They look like they'll be straight lined, square hipped and growthy with pretty fronts, generally speaking. I don't think my calves are old enough yet to say what type cows he works best on...I'll try to keep you posted on that. What we've gotten and what I saw at Gibbs are mostly either black or bald faced calves...he doesn't seem to throw many blaze faces. I have one star-faced heifer out of him, and the calf I lost was probably the prettiest one as far as the way he was marked. He had a white mark on his forehead and a white stripe on the side of his nose. Some of the baldies will have white up to or barely covering one eye.

CAB

leanbeef said:
CAB said:

Is that the 845U bull? A buddy of mine just ordered some of that... What do those calves look like?
Yeah, that's him. They used to have his name listed with him.

leanbeef

CAB said:
leanbeef said:
CAB said:

Yeah, that's him. They used to have his name listed with him.

Yeah...it's not his registered name, so I guess they stopped using it. It would make him more marketable if they MADE it his registered name, though. He's actually listed on Cattle Visions website as 645U, I think, which is also confusing. I like the looks of him...don't like the low API.