3C Mocho Breeding Suggestion

Help Support Steer Planet:

Prom King

Looking for a bull that would work good on a 3C Mocho cow, she is a half blood and i am looking to keep her calves simmi influenced

coachmac

There are a number of bulls that would work I think.  Depends on what you are looking to accomplish with the calf out of this mating.  We have a really nice heifer out of JS Analyze This.  He is a full borhter to JS Burning Up.  We are really happy with her.  We AI'd a half blood heifer to Fat Butt and are very excited about this mating.  Another bull that is close to home is GWS/SCF Rendition.  Heard he is working really well on Sim/angus females.  He also throws a good number of baldy babies. 

jackpotcattle

I am sure there are plenty that will work. The one that has worked best for us is the "Olie" bull. Some Olie sons that would pry work are Superior and Upgrade. They will both put some depth into their calves, but it seems Superior is putting more front on his calves. We had one Upgrade with a little front, but at a year of age has already grown into her front end.

Bulldaddy

I agree with Jackpotcattle.  I have used Olie on my Macho first calf heifers and the calves are really good.  Then I bred them back to Walks Alone for their second calf.  We will see how that works in August.  I also used Ranch Hand on one Macho heifer due to calf in August.  We will see how that turns out.  Overall, I think the Olie calves are thicker and more consistant than the Ranch Hand calves.