5 Must have bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

PAshowman

Heading to OBE in a couple of weeks. Just starting out to breed and if you was getting into breeding what are the 5 MUST HAVE BULLS to get semen on?

Bradenh

there is NO PROOF  that master of puppets is good. i think the 5 bulls are cunia, meyer 734. draft pick, heatwave, and wyoming wind

hamburgman

show stopper i was making a joke, i think you got it though.  I would probably drop WW for who made who however.

The Show

Heatwave, Heatwave 1, Heatwave 6, Heatwave 12, and Heatwave 15  ;D

What are you wanting to breed for?

rjb

Irish whiskey, monopoly , Meyer 734, fortune & glory and friction

DCC show cattle

irish whiskey, who made who, meyer 734 (sons or himself), friction,  ali or maybe heatseeker. Now if your asking for steers its more along the lines of walks alone, heatwave  :-\, alias (on purebred angus cows), dejavu, and whiskey 7.

Mueller Show Cattle

PAshowman said:
Heading to OBE in a couple of weeks. Just starting out to breed and if you was getting into breeding what are the 5 MUST HAVE BULLS to get semen on?

That depends on what breed you are wanting to go after, if you are after composite (club calf) type cows. Then you need to start with some good mothers, that is where the meyer 734 and WMW (who made who) come in to get your good club calf mothers. Then from there to get good show steers, I would use HW (Heat Wave) genetics where you use walks alone, monopoly or HW clone you get the picture. Other genetics I like are Ali, Ali2, rocky balboa or plenty of others out there from him. Then as my 3rd I would use Irish Whisky genetics where it be him or Paddy O or a different one, there are plenty out there from him too. Between them 5 genetics you should get some good club calf momas and start getting some good steers out of them.

Woody

I agree with most of the bulls mentioned. If it where me id throw in a Dream on son or DO himself.  If you are like me you have a handfull of "average" cows in your herd that they will work good on and not get a "junker".  Im a huge fan of the 734 line to get a cow base started but you need some softer style of females to start if you go that route. JMO

MCC

What are you trying to breed? Reg. cattle ? What breed? Clubbies?

Bradenh

hamburgman said:
show stopper i was making a joke, i think you got it though.  I would probably drop WW for who made who however.
you just had to say it didnt you lol. get me all wound up for nothin  ::)

PAshowman

I was just looking into the club calf industry. mix and match angus/maine/chi and also a little horn genetics together to get club calves. the 5 bulls i was looking into is total solution for calving ease, DH2 for calving ease/club calf maine genetics, JPJ for horn genentics/calving ease, and then HW genetics- smooth sailing, walks alone, point taken, and maybe throw in My turn also

ds

calving ease horn - JPJ,
calving ease clubbie - Dirty Hairy 2
clubbie - Heat Wave (Clone), Monopoly(clone) &  Walks Alone or Smilin Bob