60/40

Help Support Steer Planet:

P-F

Our last calf was born yesterday and we are officially 60% heifers 40%bulls

We can attribute the increased heifers to sexed ivf embryos and sexed semen on our heifers.

this year we are using sexed Juneau and in dew time

I have seen a few posts on the subject and
I wouldn't say we are experts on sexed semen but we have quite a bit of experience flushing with it and breeding with it.

Ask away

red

neat! P-F! We went over two years without a bull calf. This year we are also 60/40/ Haven't used any sexed semen though.

good job!

Red

RSC

P-F said:
Our last calf was born yesterday and we are officially 60% heifers 40%bulls

We can attribute the increased heifers to sexed ivf embryos and sexed semen on our heifers.

this year we are using sexed Juneau and in dew time

I have seen a few posts on the subject and
I wouldn't say we are experts on sexed semen but we have quite a bit of experience flushing with it and breeding with it.

Ask away
Have you only flushed IVF with sexed semen?  Would like to try it with the normal flushing process.  Would have to travel aways to try IVF.

Thanks,

RSC

P-F

The IVF was actually done with reverse sorted semen.  Dream On, and New Look.  We have done a couple flushes with the 15mil sexed OCC Juneau,  you are just not going to get as many fertile as you would with unsexed semen.  I would est about half the eggs some people I have heard aren't getting any but I think it is safe to assume 1/2 is the norm, on proven donors.