80's clubbie bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jive Turkey

Red's thread about Ildeno really got me thinking and thought I'd list some 80's chi bulls that we used.

Ildeno
Iroto
Proto
JC Superstar
Silver Mint
Multiplier
Black Power Play

steermomintx

Jive Turkey said:
Red's thread about Ildeno really got me thinking and thought I'd list some 80's chi bulls that we used.

Ildeno
Iroto
Proto
JC Superstar
Silver Mint
Multiplier
Black Power Play

Any pictures????

chambero

There was a bull called Mr. Right that sired the best steer I ever showed plus we sold a couple of calves we bought out of him.  Never knew a thing about him other than his name.

justme

When I was at college we had a bull donated to us called KK Freeway.  He was a big deal back then in Ohio.  He won the big bull contest ect. and was even on David Letterman.  I guess they had one heck of a time getting that big boy on the freight elevator to the studio.  There is NO way I'd ever ride in that elevator with him. 

Jive Turkey

justme said:
When I was at college we had a bull donated to us called KK Freeway.  He was a big deal back then in Ohio.  He won the big bull contest ect. and was even on David Letterman.  I guess they had one heck of a time getting that big boy on the freight elevator to the studio.  There is NO way I'd ever ride in that elevator with him. 

I remember that episode of Letterman.  Matter of fact, I have it on VCR tape somewhere. Old Doc Flannery owned him. 

I remember a bull named BB Buckshot that Flannery owner that was about 6 feet tall.

Kentucky Colonel was also another beast.

Sorry, no pics but have some old magazine pictures from Select Sires magazines back in the 80's.

bcosu

was it Head On? the big white chianina that sucker was HUGE!

justme

Jive Turkey said:
justme said:

I remember that episode of Letterman.  Matter of fact, I have it on VCR tape somewhere. Old Doc Flannery owned him. 

I remember a bull named BB Buckshot that Flannery owner that was about 6 feet tall.

Kentucky Colonel was also another beast.

Yep that was the bull... Ken McClellan was his herdsman way back then.  Wait, it doesn't feel that long ago but I guess 1990 was a long time ago lol.  That poor bull had the worst ulcers in between his hooves.  Still remember Joel Litt working on his hooves and he put that big hoof right in the middle of his bald head!  I about crapped my pants.  Thank goodness Joel made it thru it

Sorry, no pics but have some old magazine pictures from Select Sires magazines back in the 80's.

aj

Anyone remmber the old Kardinal bull(salers)? Not really club calfy though. That was back when Salers were red.

Dusty

I know a guy that showed a lot in the 80's and he always talks about a bull called "Stilts" I think.

justme

If I remember correctly...they named him correctly lol...he was one tall bull

steermomintx

Does anyone remeber the bull County Line??  If so are there any pictures of him anywhere??

Jive Turkey

Dusty said:
I know a guy that showed a lot in the 80's and he always talks about a bull called "Stilts" I think.

Stilts was actually a Maine bull that was red with white legs if I recall.

Think he was more in the 90's.

Don't forget Stinger even though he was 90's as well I believe.

bcosu

pebbles' grandsire was stilts. she is a draftpick out of a stilts daughter (cheyenne). cheyenne is a 94 model

tf82

Hey aj I think he was one of the first french imports. He was heavily used by the first Salers breeders.  Big framed I think gg&t out in quinter used him and owned him