A bull that did NOT make Denver...

Help Support Steer Planet:

SEA

Whom here has seen, or heard of the blue roan bull of Tim Ohlde's?  Not sure of his name or breeding.  Pretty sure he has Jake's Proud Jazz in him and he is crossbred.  I'm thinking he is a coming two or 2 1/2 year old.  Heard Tim says he is the next GREAT ONE and that he wished he could have had him on display in Denver.  Believe he was used last spring in 2011 and there should be calves coming out of him this spring, in 2012.  Anyone on here use him or know of anyone that did?

Let's start a little discussion, if we could and get some more details and info on him.  I think he may have a place.  <beer>

McM93

He sold a blue bull last spring. He was an OCC Mitchell out of Proud Jazz's grandam...I think off of the top of my head. I was there to purchase an Angus bull for a fellow and did. He was really nice, but his ultra sound data was off the charts good,especially marbling. Don't know that I have seen that decent of a phenotype with that kind of data. Hope I am contributing and not confusing... (thumbsup)

iowa

Turnpike Creek in Georgia bought 1/2 interest in him at the sale.  He is not currently registered with the ASA.  His dam is Jordan's Maria #4063107 (  Jake's Proud Leader x Poly CJ Cumberland 5113).  OH Breeder has a maternal 1/2 brother to Blue Moon that is sired by Prince of Jazz.  I have seen Blue Moon 3 times at Ohldes. There was a discussion on the board about Blue Moon, not long after he sold last April in the Ohlde bull sale.  I will post 3 pictures of Blue Moon I took in November, just after he had come back from KABSU.

iowa

Attachments

• Blue Moon.JPG
    Blue Moon.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Blue Moon 2.JPG
    Blue Moon 2.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 259
  • Blue Moon 3.JPG
    Blue Moon 3.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 372

OH Breeder

SO far my bull is one of the easiest fleshing bulls I have. He has run with 20 cows since i bought him and he hasn't lost a pound. He has a great libido as well nothing gets by him. We will have calves in March out of him and our excited.

kfacres

OH Breeder said:
SO far my bull is one of the easiest fleshing bulls I have. He has run with 20 cows since i bought him and he hasn't lost a pound. He has a great libido as well nothing gets by him. We will have calves in March out of him and our excited.

is this unbelieveable?

OH Breeder

Cut the BS said:
OH Breeder said:

is this unbelieveable?

For us it would be.  ;)
Some of the shorthorn genetics in the past needed a feed bucket strapped to their head. i have pretty much gotten rid of those types. I know I can turn him out with heifers and not worry about 135#s calves. That's all I wanted was to be able to sleep a little in the months between January and May.

kfacres

OH Breeder said:
Cut the BS said:
OH Breeder said:

is this unbelieveable?

For us it would be.  ;)
Some of the shorthorn genetics in the past needed a feed bucket strapped to their head. i have pretty much gotten rid of those types. I know I can turn him out with heifers and not worry about 135#s calves. That's all I wanted was to be able to sleep a little in the months between January and May.

Reg #?  I'd like to look up his pedigree to check it out closer--  he sounds like a winner....

kfacres

very interesting pedigree-- I think it's interesting all the Irish Pride/ AHL in that pedigree-- which made Double Stuff so popular...  Really interesting that Double Stuff and JPJ are considered polar opposites: yet they're bred very similar--- and your bull in particular is bred nearly the same-- minus the Angus injections...  Also a double shot of the old P CJ cow---  kinda cool... 

What can anyone say about Cactus Jack?  See him in quite a few pedigrees--- can't say I've ever heard about him though... 

Course, I still dislike JPJ-- ;)

OH Breeder

Cut the BS said:
OH Breeder said:
Cut the BS said:
OH Breeder said:

is this unbelieveable?

For us it would be.  ;)

Reg #?  I'd like to look up his pedigree to check it out closer--  he sounds like a winner....

I would bet most folks wouldn't like him for his frame score. He is extremely moderate. He is probably more towards 4-5 frame score. For us he is perfect for our market. Pretty compact very stout and very masculine bull. First week of March some of his first calves are expected.

Cactus Jack- I would say Mark T, Oakview, RN Reed, Sue, Doc or JIT should be able to help us on that one.

OH Breeder

Old Thread  

justintime:
Cactus Jack was a bull born in the wrong era. He was be hotter than a $5 pistol if he was alive today. He was a very moderate framed bull that was super complete and sound made. He is the sire of many excellent cattle, including GFS Creole, who sired the top selling bull at the recent Iowa Beef Expo at $11,000.

I would check with Harold Good at Barnard KS as he was one of the main owners. The bull was syndicated as well and he may be able to give you some leads if he doesn't have any semen. Another possibly is David Jett, of Jett-Gardner Cattle Co, Laverne, OK. He bred Cactus Jack and he may be able to help

Sired
GFS CREOLE 9590 (*x3961249)

Attachments

• GFS Creole.jpg
    GFS Creole.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 214

kfacres

OH Breeder said:
Old Thread  

justintime:
Cactus Jack was a bull born in the wrong era. He was be hotter than a $5 pistol if he was alive today. He was a very moderate framed bull that was super complete and sound made. He is the sire of many excellent cattle, including GFS Creole, who sired the top selling bull at the recent Iowa Beef Expo at $11,000.

I would check with Harold Good at Barnard KS as he was one of the main owners. The bull was syndicated as well and he may be able to give you some leads if he doesn't have any semen. Another possibly is David Jett, of Jett-Gardner Cattle Co, Laverne, OK. He bred Cactus Jack and he may be able to help

Sired
GFS CREOLE 9590 (*x3961249)

makes sense.. would fit right in at OCC

OH Breeder

When you start digging he is out there alot more than one would think. The newer sire that was promoted last year is out of Creole which son of Cactus Jack. They all seem to share a very similar type and kind in appearance.

Attachments

• BellringerSigned.jpg
    BellringerSigned.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 196

Dozer45

iowa said:
Turnpike Creek in Georgia bought 1/2 interest in him at the sale.   He is not currently registered with the ASA.  His dam is Jordan's Maria #4063107 (  Jake's Proud Leader x Poly CJ Cumberland 5113).   OH Breeder has a maternal 1/2 brother to Blue Moon that is sired by Prince of Jazz.   I have seen Blue Moon 3 times at Ohldes. There was a discussion on the board about Blue Moon, not long after he sold last April in the Ohlde bull sale.  I will post 3 pictures of Blue Moon I took in November, just after he had come back from KABSU.

Can you get semen on him?

Latest posts