a few of our Ace of Diamonds Calves for the fall sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

sigsigns

Here is a couple of our Ace of Diamonds babies what do you all think?

Attachments

• Lot 3 Bell (Fortune) x AOD.jpg
    Lot 3 Bell (Fortune) x AOD.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Lot 12 Felicity 137 x AOD.jpg
    Lot 12 Felicity 137 x AOD.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Lot 16 Felecia 608S x AOD.jpg
    Lot 16 Felecia 608S x AOD.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264

shortyjock89

Very, very good as usual!

We have the first set of Red Diamond calves on the ground, and they're looking pretty darn good as well. We'll have a couple pics to send to you of the oldest one this next week we hope.

justintime

The calves look very good! I have changed my mind a couple times as to which I like the best and I imagine I would if i saw them live as well.

Hilltop

Calves look good. The semen got to Canada too late for us to use this year or we would of bred a few females to him.

Scott: How is your heifer from Sullivan's looking?? Must be close to hitting some shows with her??

sigsigns

here are a couple more.

Attachments

• Lot 14 Rose x MAV Bellringer (Creole).jpg
    Lot 14 Rose x MAV Bellringer (Creole).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 236
  • Lot 30  Felicity 137 x AOD.jpg
    Lot 30 Felicity 137 x AOD.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 246

Ruebush Shorthorns

Hilltop said:
Calves look good. The semen got to Canada too late for us to use this year or we would of bred a few females to him.

Scott: How is your heifer from Sullivan's looking?? Must be close to hitting some shows with her??

We have shown her twice already.  We had her at the VA Beef Expo in April and she won a class of five but went no further.  Took her to the ABC Summer Bonanza yesterday in Maryland and she got 4th out of 5 in her class.  She is square hipped as any and pretty moderate framed in my eyes.  I think that is going to hurt her in the long run.  I really don't think she will get tall enough to compete.  The jusge was Ryan Habeger yesterday, he is a show cattle guy and he still wasn't that found of her.  I will get a picture of her today and post it on this thread.  We didn't get any pics at the show yesterday took us 2 1/2 hours yesterday to get their and back so we were in a bit of a hurry to get back.

herefordfootball

Ruebush Shorthorns said:
Hilltop said:

We have shown her twice already.  We had her at the VA Beef Expo in April and she won a class of five but went no further.  Took her to the ABC Summer Bonanza yesterday in Maryland and she got 4th out of 5 in her class.  She is square hipped as any and pretty moderate framed in my eyes.  I think that is going to hurt her in the long run.  I really don't think she will get tall enough to compete.  The jusge was Ryan Habeger yesterday, he is a show cattle guy and he still wasn't that found of her.  I will get a picture of her today and post it on this thread.  We didn't get any pics at the show yesterday took us 2 1/2 hours yesterday to get their and back so we were in a bit of a hurry to get back.

We always go to a show and are dead beat after showing and just wanna get home and rest, but if we dont take the five minutes to get pics we ALWAYS REGRET it.

Ruebush Shorthorns

So I guess my nexy question is.....What do you breed an AOD heifer too??  I am ready to breed ours and am wondering which direction to go.

sigsigns

Scott: We breed all of our heifers to Creole these days. Just so they don't get torn up or they get  bred to our clean up heifer bull that sired the white heifer pictured which is a creole son. Works well.

Yes all the calves will be for sale on our private treaty bid sale on Labor Day.

We have used him on some select black cows and that produced our daughters black and white heifer that won her class at nationals and then won the Plus division at State Fair and then went on the be 4th Overall.
Our son is also showing one that came out of a receip that didn't hold and egg. Nice heifer winning her class in the plus and commercial divisions.

Attachments

• Picture 503.jpg
    Picture 503.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 252