A genetic fairy tale.....sort of .....

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

The dastardly thought began with the fantasy of a teenage steer jock.  The idea then found itself on a truck in a tank.  The tank was transferred.  In a dark and dreary corner of the shop, as they huddled over the boiling cauldron of liquid nitrogen, the scheme took form.  A favorite cow, white as the driven snow was offered up.  The genetic bad seed was introduced.

Fast forward to a nasty afternoon with a cold south wind.  The long awaited, perfect smoky calf came to our world....Heat Wave on pure Charolais........the perfect smokey steer....??.....well, not quite.....a heifer with a rat tail........RATS!

(argue) 

red

(lol) (lol) (lol) (thumbsup) That just made my day!!!

Where are my beefpacas? Has A3 run off w/ them again to fatten them up on tumbleweed?

Red

cowz

Subject # 2 was born last night.  A heifer  :mad:  but with a real tail!  ;D  Stay tuned for more of the Heatwave/Charolais chronicles.

SWMO

Kinda on the same note have you seen the new yellow bull that SEK has?  Orange Crush  Heatwave X Wyoming Wind(char).  Neat looking calf.  Love the color.

red

I saw him. Very interesting color. Just wonder what type of cows he'd work best on?

Red

cowz

SWMO said:
Kinda on the same note have you seen the new yellow bull that SEK has?  Orange Crush  Heatwave X Wyoming Wind(char).  Neat looking calf.  Love the color.

Saw him in Denver!  We have had a busload of the orange calves over the years, some actually look a little PINK when they are small.  A lot of our Charolais bloodlines carry the "red factor" that lends itself to what I call "buff" colored crossbred calves.

I do not think the orange color will always carry thru, only if you put him on something red. 

red

yes, we have those pink calves too! Our re/white bull can produce them when crossed w/ a Char cow. Not the mosr manly looking steers!  ::)

Red