A reminder on PM's & Kids

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

This is just a reminder that we do have some younger folks on the board. If you happen to send someone a PM, please make sure you are certain they are an adult or there is no foul language. Been no real problems but sometimes we might forget that maybe the person we are talking to is only a 13 year old kid. As adults we can show some maturity too.

Red  (angel)

justme

I know my 10 year old is on here at times reading...I'm not sure if she has a name, but if she got some of the PM's I've gotten in the past I'd be upset.  She better behave while on here though!  Just remember, kids can appear older than they really are her on the internet.  Let's use some class, and have dignity.  Go ahead and growl at me, but I really see this board as a tool for my daughter to learn.  (Yes she knows which boards and websites she can go on...and I watch as much as possible)  I know she does come on during her recess at school when the weather is bad, so please lets becareful. (thumbsup)

fluffer

My 12 yo nephew gets on here occasionally.  I gave him a big time lecture before I would let him get on here.  I made sure he knew not to get too wrapped up in conversations or give out too much info.  Granted I haven't had ANY reason to doubt ANYONE here at steer planet, I am just a worrier  ;)  That is just how I am.  I had been on the site for a while before he got on, and i was pretty impressed with the "cleanness" of this site.  I think this is a kid friendly place  (clapping)

Turkey Creek Ranch

I agree, at first i was nervous about posting on here. Now that i have gotten to know some of the ppl better, i can share my opinions easier

red

yes, very few problems. Nothing like the name calling & meaness you find other places. i like that someone can come on here & brag about a calf & not get booed at!

(welcome)

Red

red

Also, this isn't a big problem but sometimes I get some messages from people that aren't the nicest. It's very, very few. I have requested that they send any problems or comments or either Jason or SRU. I'd really like for that to be followed. I know that as a moderator I should be be able to receive all messages from everyone but remember, this is just a volunteer job. I just don't think it's worth me getting upset over especially when some of the issues are out of my hands.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Red

kanshow

Red,  Thanks for the reminder.  My 12 year old gets on and reads sometimes - she is not a member.