A Vegan's take on a Colorado Feedlot - a must read article

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

I just finished reading this on FB. IMO it is a very well writen article and the guy went into it was an open mind. Its storys like these are are slowly changing to perspective of animal agriculture

Show Heifer

A fantastic article! I think he finally figured out what most of us "meat eaters" have been pushing for along: You can eat your vegan diet, and I will eat my meat diet. You leave me alone, and I will leave you alone.

Ag needs more ambassadors like Magnum feedlots.... willing to take a chance to shorten the bridge that divides us. Congrats to Magnum!!!

SouthWest

Lets all help spread the word.  Email this link to all your contacts.  Repost it on your Facebook, Twitter page.  The most people the read this, the more we help ourselves out.  We need to educate the public on what really happens.  If we don't use this to spread the message, the public will just wait to read about the next PETA add or what HSUS does next.  Good honest, non biased article.

6M Ranch

Right down the road from us.  Steve Gabel is our county 4H livestock judging coach.  Great people to be around.  The article was actually very well written, and unbiased. even though the writer has a personal belief against eating meat.

forcheyhawk

Hats off to the young reporter.  I commend him for keeping an open mind.  The media is generally trying to push an agenda rather than going into their reports with an open mind.

KCK

This reminds me of my grocery store check out boy the other night. Long story short, I picked up a red pepper that was well larger than my fist. He commented and I said "Ya, looks like my dinner is on steroids, doesn't it?" I walked right into and he followed me like a lamb. "Well, it is with those steaks you bought. They have steroids in them."

Mind you it is the Duff Premium Natural beef I was buying (excellent steaks, btw!) So, I semi somewhat know the people making my dinner for me. I don't think they would like to find out that a check out boy at Crest was filling me in on how all cattle are on steroids and that chickens can be born and killed for meat in a two week period of time. I used a little of my NCBA MBA  knowedge with him and then switched to plain common sense stuff when my other stuff didn't faze him. I basically told him that it wouldn't be profitable to feed every single animal steroids. He agreed with me. UGH!

Show Heifer

I think I would have had to have a conversation with the store manager and either adjust this boys atittude or have him demoted to a mop bucket.

LostFarmer

I agree, I think I would have walked out leaving mouthy boy to put the groceries back away and had a discussion with management on the way out.  But then I have been known to do that more than once. 

trevorgreycattleco

Posted this on my facebook and got a lady from a local farmers market call me to set up a interview about proper care and nutrition for cattle. She writes for a local paper here. She said it was a great link and she was going to share it herself. Thanks for posting this. <beer>