AAOK feeding program?

Help Support Steer Planet:

V-H

has anyone used this program? what are the protein% and the crude fat %?  or if any one has there own ration i would been intrested to see it . thanks

MSTF

I don't know if I would reccomend AAOKs ration, I'm yet to see any real champions fed it.

obie105

I feed a very similar version of it. Most people I know also feed something like it. I honestly dont know too many big guys that are feeding a string that dont feed a custom mix.  I tried feeding fitters edge this year and didnt get along very well so back to the tried and true. I would have to ask our feed guy about the percentages on my feed. I cant remember off the top of my head.

firesweepranch

We feed it. We love it. We have also had quiet a few "real champions" on it. We modify it a bit for each animal, depending on the individual need. Here is our test results:
Crude Protein 9.45%
Fat 3.25
Fiber 11.50
We have used it for two years now. I would highly recommend it.

AAOK

Well, it worked well for us. Managed to pick up Grand Champion and  Res Grand  heifer at the Maine-Anjou Jr National shows. Had several other Division  winners also through the years. All bred and raised by our family of 9 cows.

KSanburg

Feed my own tweaked version of it, love it. Easy to mix, less expensive and the best thing is the cattle do well on it.

Glorifying Pastures

MSTF said:
I don't know if I would reccomend AAOKs ration, I'm yet to see any real champions fed it.

Not sure I would be so gutzy to say something like this, I guess I don't go and ask every top winner at a show what they feed and compare it to AAOK's recipe. Not even sure they would all tell you their correct ration. JMO

We use it as we have to tweek it a little bit for the feed source we have. Cattle do well on it. 

V-H

thank you guys and gals for the in put !!! i figured it would work and like it was said it needs to be tweaked for each animal  but what feeding program  doesn't. does any one still add beat pulp to keep the full look?

obie105

We add beet pulp as needed and winning fill. We also use vita ferm.

BLRanch

Is it alright to feed beet pulp in substitute of the cotton seed hulls? We can't get them as readily up here.

V-H

i assume  that the minerals can be bought from a dealer that sales moormans?

obie105

Our elevator is a kent, purina, and us feeds. They have a vitamin/mineral supplement that they include when mixing custom feed. It helps balance it out. I would talk to your elevator. They will have something I am sure.

BRdoc

I have fed AAOK's ration for going on three years now. My calves have done as good as they did on Purina Show Chow. I, personally, know of two big-time operations that have their own mix that is, suprisingly, the exact same mix as Dan's. And they have one about every major show there is to win.

V-H

(thumbsup)cool thanx i will be trying it have a tulsa steer he will be the lab rat lol