AAY calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

thepoorfarm

Had a All About You calf out a Who made Who daughter, 15 days early, but probably 70lbs bw ,14 days old in pics, Dam is pictured  when she was being shown (15-18 mnths).

Attachments

• Pandy.jpg
    Pandy.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 723
  • Bonnie head.jpg
    Bonnie head.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 699
  • Bonnie.jpg
    Bonnie.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 720
  • Bonnie1.jpg
    Bonnie1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 705
  • Bonnietop.jpg
    Bonnietop.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 702

OH Breeder

thepoorfarm said:
Had a All About You calf out a Who made Who daughter, 15 days early, but probably 70lbs bw ,14 days old in pics, Dam is pictured  when she was being shown (15-18 mnths).

Heifer or steer?
Looks pretty made.

thepoorfarm

We are quite pleased to say...heifer. Had to pull her, she was backwards presentation, so as we were lifting her over the panels, i did a quick sex check  ;)

OH Breeder

She is really pretty fronted, momma. I like your heifer alot. Keep us updated on her development. She is nice.

thepoorfarm

As far her attitude, she is already spoiled.... we get our hands on them real early, but I will be forwarned :) He was the judge, had him in both North Carolina shows, like him a lot, though it helps that he did right by us lol! ;D

showsteerdlux

He knows his livestock no question about it. He gives probably the best set of reasons I have ever heard and is very consistent with all the placings from everything I've seen.

thepoorfarm

OH Breeder said:
She is really pretty fronted, momma. I like your heifer alot. Keep us updated on her development. She is nice.
[/quote  ]    thanks for the kind comments  we'll definately keep updates coming    we have two more All About You calves coming    also one Peerless bred to a shorthorn  and two DF Casper calves 

OH Breeder

thepoorfarm said:
OH Breeder said:
[/quote  ]    thanks for the kind comments  we'll definately keep updates coming    we have two more All About You calves coming    also one Peerless bred to a shorthorn   and two DF Casper calves 
After seeing your heifer, I was always concerned with the shoulder he can throw. She definitely has momma's shoulders.Goodluck with the others.

thepoorfarm

OH Breeder said:
thepoorfarm said:
OH Breeder said:
[/quote  ]    thanks for the kind comments  we'll definately keep updates coming    we have two more All About You calves coming    also one Peerless bred to a shorthorn   and two DF Casper calves 
After seeing your heifer, I was always concerned with the shoulder he can throw. She definitely has momma's shoulders.Goodluck with the others.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  that  was  one of our concerns also  but all three heifers we used him on are very clean fronted so our fingers are crossed with the rest  thanks if we can have a fraction of the results your fair pics show my daughter will be tickled pink

kane1598

simtal said:
hows the attitude?  Some of the craziest cattle I ever seen were AAY's

I had an AAY steer that was an absolute NUT! He never walked in a chute or through a door, whenever he got close to any confined space he went crazy. We had to blind fold him at shows and  wherever there was anything moving like a trailer or a even a person walking by him.  He was a pretty nice calf, just too small framed, finished around 1200.  I have had a few Heatseekers as well,and they were all really nice, guess I got lucky because they can be a little spirited to say the least.

bcosu

i really like that calf! looks like it could be a good one especially if it keeps improving cause it has a good starting point. i take it the mother is fairly calm with you around her calf since she was shown. the best thing to do is get the calf comfortable with you. rub on it while it is nursing if possible and try to make contact with it while it is really young. we had a heifer out of our meanest cow and this heifer is somehow the tamest thing ever and i think that the reason she is so tame is because we made that early contact. good luck! you should be fine.

thepoorfarm

We get our hand on them early...just like you said, rub on them all over, especially legs, if I'm the one laying under them clipping I dont want them to be "Kicky" He moma actually became very protective, I dont mind, glad to see her natural instints kick in, sometimes show heifer lose too much of it. We really like this heifer her Momma is producing a lot of milk, so she is "Fat as a tick" We have since had another AAY calf since this post, a bull calf out of a Stricly Business heifer, 85+ lbs, assited. He to has great hair and even bigger bones. I like the hip that he is putting on them. All the new pics are of the AAY bull calf , pic are taken when he days old.

Attachments

• Jiminey,Clyde 92108 018.JPG
    Jiminey,Clyde 92108 018.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 304
  • Jiminey,Clyde 92108 021.JPG
    Jiminey,Clyde 92108 021.JPG
    820.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Jiminey,Clyde 92108 010.JPG
    Jiminey,Clyde 92108 010.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 315
  • Jiminey,Clyde 92108 006.JPG
    Jiminey,Clyde 92108 006.JPG