Ace of Diamonds

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstud

I was just wondering some birth weights on Ace of Diamonds calves. I really like this bull and the calves i've seen out of it!!!

TMJ Show Cattle

I just came from Hi- View shorthorns which I visit quite frequently because they are only about 5 miles from us.Have been around his calves alot,and Phillip Raisback tells me they normaaly run between 78 and 84lbs.They bred the bull and sold him to Vogel's in Iowa. They have some nice spring born Ace calves on the ground.They use him pretty regular,but you can probably get a little better answer from Vogel's whom appear on here quite often.The champion shorthorn plus heifer at Jr. Nationals wasw an Ace of Diamonds.

Cattledog

I've been really impressed with some of the Shorthorn bulls of late with their ability to sire moderate birth calves with style and thickness.  JPJ and Ace of Diamonds have really impressed me with this aspect. 

Mitch

Phil will be bring a number of Ace of Diamonds Calves, Cows bred to AOD and Bred Heifers to our sale Oct 25. 
The Sale is know as the "Cedar Valley Shorthorn Sale"  it wil be held at Kirkwood College in Cedar Rapids Iowa.
Phil will be bring 25 head of breds from the heart of his herd. What a chance to pick up some of the best bred Shorthorn cattle.
We have set up a sale page on www.edgesales.com.

Mitch

TMJ Show Cattle

Phil called this morning and we discussed his offering for the sale in Cedar Rapids.I know he is consigning some open heifers as well. We currently have a Ringo daughter with a Versatile bull calf that we are going to fit to sell at Iowa beef expo in February. We have a very good Wernacres Ace High female that competed very well at the Oklahoma show circuit last winter and some jackpots here in Wisconsin this spring,and will compete at State Fair in open show. She is bred to Crimson Tide.Both cows came from Robert and Phil which are two of the best people I have ever met and dealt with.Phil told me he is consigning a VERSATILE heifer to the Cedar Rapids sale. We seen her last night and except for having the not so good hair,she is absolutely awesome. She keeps coming on, she could compete at the national open shows with a little time spent on hair management.The Raisbacks is one of the best places anyone could ever go to obtain some foundation genetics.Evidently people are catching on as a fellow from Oklahoma has an interest in ALL the spring born heifers that they have,sight unseen!!! That speaks for itself.

sigsigns

Back on the subject of birthweights. 80 to 90 lbs catches most of our A.O.D. calf crop alot of our calves are coming out of Dbl Stuff/Vision and Sonny females so there is propensity to heavier birth weights from the dams side so I've been really pleased with the weights. We have had people use him on heifers if they are able to watch them closely and I have not heard of any recks I believe Phil R. used him selectively on heifers for the second year if that tells you anything. We advertise him in the ABS directory as sensible bithweights which is really the best way to phrase it. Remember as far as YOUNG bulls progeny at Jr nationals Ace of Diamonds probably had the best week especially when you consider the number of units of semen sold on him vs a couple other young sires that are in their first two seasons, I feel "Ace" has surfaced to the top of the youngsters. There is probably going to be alot of JPJ females around in the near future with owners wondering what to breed them to what I've seen in "Aces" first two calf crops He should be at the top of a short list to use on them.Thanks for the interest the Vogels

TMJ Show Cattle

I believe you are absolutely correct on using ACEof D on JPJ cows. I think he will work wonders on the TM Gus cows also.

Dale

Last week I saw AOD running with the cows.  He is really strong fundamentally and passes along his straight lines and eye appeal to the calves.  Their farm is well-managed, and the calves are very impressive.  Is their sale about Labor Day?

sigsigns

Yes sale ends on Labor Day with bids closing at 6PM. The calves are coming along nicely and we would like to show them to all that stop by.

shorthorn boy

We bred a heifer to Ace of Diamonds and the calf weighed about 95 lbs and we needed to pull the calf but the he was like a week over due and the heifer was a show heifer so she was pretty well conditioned but the calf was real nice and cow did an excellent job raising him. I would really like to see a picture of AOD in his "work clothes" just to see what he looks like now.

aj

I think aod is a very, very special bull. When is the sale date again and where or where can I get his semen?