adhesive removers

Help Support Steer Planet:

advocate

A jug of crop oil will last you pretty much a whole year and cost less than anything

Shady Lane

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I have had as good of luck using cheap penetrating oil in an aerosol can. Like generic knock off "WD-40" or similar. It can often be bought for $0.99 on sale at hardware stores etc.

Wash it out well when you are done and you are good to go.

I also like using revive to take the glue out on show day, brush it in good with a plastic wash brush and it seems to break down the glue well and still leave the hair popped somewhat and the cattle look better in the stall after the show.

OH Breeder

Purple Oil always reminds me of peach dresssing and glycerine bars. the good ol days....

I like EZ All. It rubs in and seems to condition the skin and hair. Purple oil works too its cheaper by volume. If you use Hocus Pocus, I have found if you put it on and blow it in with a blower it breaks the hair down pretty good.Always wash the hair good and condition if you use Hocus Pocus.

AAOK

Once Sullivan's Hocus Pocus hit the market, we never used anything else.  We went to a lot of Jackpot shows, which required driving 2-3 hours early in the morning, and the same coming home.  I found that we could comb in the Hocus Pocus, load up, drive home, and save the washing 'til sometime the next day, without burning hair.  It was also great when we had a young calf at a big show (such as State Fair or Jr Nat'l) win the first Division.  We could spray in Hocus Pocus, bed down the calf, and right before Grand Drive blow out the calf, and bone up the legs with a minimal amount of adhesive.  Great Stuff!