Ag Teachers Better today or back in the day?

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

are people better today or back in the day?

the best seem to land in emerging industries.

ag had it's legends days when a lot less applicable knowledge seemed to be emerging.

a few time periods of any field seem to follow suit.  the low hanging fruit, serendipity, process of elimination, integration with different people adept at these and others.  with each new field, monotonous jobs are created and people create processes to reduce or eliminate that and then unions are created to tax progress and other processes duplicate, optimize, profits are reduced as market is saturated and then the job moves to low cost centers.  the process is constantly revolving

WBar Farms

Jeff_Schroeder said:
Well, technically it hasn't been called the Future Farmers of America in quite some time.

Yeah I know but thats what is used I have never heard it called anything else.

DLD

WBar Farms said:
Jeff_Schroeder said:
Well, technically it hasn't been called the Future Farmers of America in quite some time.

Yeah I know but thats what is used I have never heard it called anything else.

It's just FFA now, we don't believe in the future of farming - we believe in the future of agriculture.  If you were actually involved in the program you'd know that they don't use the term Future Farmers of America anymore.  Doesn't matter what you want to call it, it's still a great program, with lots of great teachers/advisors. There are bad apples in every barrel, no matter whether it's a barrel of ag teachers, steer jocks or superintendents even...

WRS

Sadly, the FFA advisor at our local high school calls FFA "Fun For All" and has basically turned it into a social club.  Mostly kids from the city join FFA so that they can take the annual trip to a fun destination, which by the way, is totally devoid of an educational focus of any kind, let alone agriculture!  It's sad to see the FFA and 4-H programs lose their agriculture focus.