Aggies headed east to the SEC???

Help Support Steer Planet:

doc-sun

as a razorback fan i was looking forward to the aggies taking the place of a sec team we play now on the conference schedule.  in the old swc days the hogs always looked forward to a victory and the aggies helping some years by beating themselves.

chambero

I'm not an aggie, but what has any A&M officials  lied about?  They just dont take well to being bullied by UT.  I even root for UT sometimes, but the crap with their tv network is ridiculous for all other Tx schools.

comercialfarmer

Not a fan of either, but interestingly enough the Aggies declined an offer to split TV rights with Texas 50:50 about 5 yrs back.  Why?  Because it would not be worth the money...  I have a hard time feeling sorry for them now.

jason

shortdawg said:
I think it will happen, eventually

Yep, it will be interesting to see who the big 12 goes after, if it does stay banded together.  Notre Dame is a pipe dream, maybe BYU, or TCU.

Bird Cattle

I have been reading numerous blogs on the TEXAS Aggie's leaving the big 12 , with all do respect this has everthing to do with football. This is Texas were all about football, i don't have any stats for UT but i know for a fact since the big 12 was founded Texas Tech vs Texas A&M  stats are as followed: 15 games Texas Tech leads 10 to 5.

AGG'S IF YOU GO GOOD LUCK.  DON'T FORGET YOUR HOUND.

As far as Texas Tech going to the Mountain West, that is truly a desperate way to get a rise out of an alumni, but it is a pretty good joke.

PAC 10 in 3 years will probably include
OU
TEXAS
OKLAHOMA STATE
TEXAS TECH
MIZZO

Everything is gearing to the super conferences. just my 2 cents

JSchroeder

I think the general consensus is…

Everyone is devoted to keeping the Big XII together when they’re not talking to the Big 10, Big East, or the Pac-12 about a safety net in case it all falls apart.

Texas A&M has no chance of ever competing in the SEC because of the brutal football schedule that includes ten teams ranked lower than A&M right now.

Nobody wants A&M in the Big XII any more, except the nine schools that said they do on Saturday.

Everyone is okay with A&M leaving, they’ll be just fine, but there’s a lawsuit ready to file if they do.

The SEC doesn’t want A&M, there’s no tortious interference going on here, we’re making that pretty clear.  Did you hear that Baylor?  No seriously.  Put those lawyers away, we made an official statement and everything.

A&M is nothing more than a delusional football school, when they’re not winning eight national championships in the past three years and finishing at the top of the Big XII (and 2nd in the SEC) in the Director’s Cup each of the past two years.

jason

College football kicks off tonight.  I haven't heard much on the A&M front, but honestly been busy lately. 

It is a foregone conclusion that they are leaving?  KC Sports Radio is saying BYU is the choice to keep the conference together if A&M leaves.

OKshorthorn

From what I am hearing, yes, they are leaving. The remaining 9 teams in the Big 12 will likely stay intact at least throught the 2013 season. That is, unless Larry Scott makes something happen very soon. Or if Missouri or ou leave for another conference. Rumor is that ou has an invitation to the SEC but are hesistant for2 reasons, 1. Oklahoma State, it doesn't seem likely that they will split up the two in-state schools. 2. Texas, neither of these schools want to separate themselves from each other, tradition and MONEY will keep them together. Everything is pointing toward the PAC 16 after the 2013 season, Oklahoma State, ou, Texas, Texas Tech going west. Obviously things could happen very quickly if Missouri leaves and/or Larry Scott makes something happen.

aj

What ever happened in the Miami deal? Apparently they just got a handslap. It would be hard to find a worse bunch of dopers and gangbangers than there. Or is the deal over?

aj

Whoops......I spoke out of turn........I guess there is a 5 game suspension for a drive by shooting if someone dies.

jason

Looks like the whole big 12 might blow up today or shortly.  Reports of OU possibly leaving for PAC 12.

garybob

doc-sun said:
as a razorback fan i was looking forward to the aggies taking the place of a sec team we play now on the conference schedule.  in the old swc days the hogs always looked forward to a victory and the aggies helping some years by beating themselves.
The scariest thing the twelfth man can hear? The deafening sound of "woooo...pig...Sooey!"....

GB

Will

I hate to see th big twelve break up.  I would really be worried if I was a Baylor, Kansas, Kansas Sate fan, or Iowa State fan.  Someone might pick up Kansas for thier basketball but the others have a small chance at getting a major college conferance to look at them.  Just think how many times a year you see any of the teams from the WAC on TV.  That ends up killing recruiting and pushes your program further behind.

JSchroeder

I guess if I were Baylor I’d do everything I could to keep A&M in the conference too.

I cannot imagine trying to go back and ask the old SWC schools I stabbed in the back to get into the Big XII to let me in their conferences now.