Agrigenomics

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

DL said:
Is Agrigenomics stil in business.  Does anyone know?

Yup - send all my samples to them - like to support the guy who did all the work to identify the mutations and develop the tests

http://www.agrigenomicsinc.com/
do you have any concern on how slow they are, or how the lack in picking up the phone...

this spring, we sent in 3 samples... took about 2 months to get our results...  took so long, we had forgot about them until they showed up in the mail one day. 

We won't send back to them... 

justintime

It does take some time to get the results in the mail, however, I don't think I have ever had to wait over 2 weeks to get the results by phone. I usually give them 2 weeks from when I suspect they should have received the samples and then I phone. Almost everytime, they have the results. I have asked if they could email the results and they have done it immediately.
I'm like DL, in that I prefer to give my business to the guy who did the work and developed the tests for the defects. For some reason, I also still trust their results more than Igenity. I only used Igenity once and I had two inconclusive test results from 7-8 sent in . I went back to send my samples to Dr Beever

DL

Hola JIT - how are you - something we agree on here  ;)

Jody - I have not had the issues you describe but time is a funny thing  - I know of people who draw blood on Monday, send it on Thursday it arrives the following Monday or Tues and they are pi**ed off because they didn't get the results Wed. These tests require several steps and are batched so that all for example TH tests are run on every other Tues (an example - I made it up) - I always get a call or email back if I don't reach a person - like I said I trust Dr B and prefer to support the guy who did all the leg work - not a multinational company

[email protected]

Thanks to everyone that has responded.  I sent a sample off a week ago and have tried calling, emailing.  I know it takes time.  I would just like to talk to someone to confirm it got there.    I have always used them as well but have always been able to talk to someone.    Messages says they are full so I can't leave a message and no response on email.

Just would like to hear someone say they have the sample, I guess.

Yall have a great day.

DL

Thanks to everyone that has responded.  I sent a sample off a week ago and have tried calling, emailing.  I know it takes time.  I would just like to talk to someone to confirm it got there.    I have always used them as well but have always been able to talk to someone.    Messages says they are full so I can't leave a message and no response on email.

Just would like to hear someone say they have the sample, I guess.

Yall have a great day.

send them an email

MOClubbyGuy

I am in the same boat!

I sent my sample in on Monday the 12th and I have a confirmation that it was recieved by them on the 14th. It has been over 2 weeks and I have not heard anything. I have called last 2 days numerous times with no answer and a voicemail box that is full so I decided to email them yesterday and have not heard anything back yet. It would be nice to know results or that it is in the works by talking to someone soon as I plan to flush this cow in Nov and the mating is determined by these results. Thanks for everyones input as it is good not to be the only one.

kfacres

DL said:
Hola JIT - how are you - something we agree on here  ;)

Jody - I have not had the issues you describe but time is a funny thing  - I know of people who draw blood on Monday, send it on Thursday it arrives the following Monday or Tues and they are pi**ed off because they didn't get the results Wed. These tests require several steps and are batched so that all for example TH tests are run on every other Tues (an example - I made it up) - I always get a call or email back if I don't reach a person - like I said I trust Dr B and prefer to support the guy who did all the leg work - not a multinational company

I tried calling them about every day, for a 2 week period, after a 2 week period had passed by; and sent emails....

I send my sheep genetic samples out to CO to Genecheck.  It usually takes about 3 days to get there, and from the day they receive it.. It's 4-5 business days and I have my results, emailed, and phoned over. 

Took Agrigenomics 2 months plus to get my results to me, and they live less than 150 miles away in the next area code... 

Will

I had the same issues. So this year I used Igenity.  I mailed the samples on 9-15-2011 I got the results yesterday.  They set up a log on on thier web site and I could look at and see when they recieved it and that it was in processing.  Then they emailed and faxed me the reuslts.

sue

Will said:
I had the same issues. So this year I used Igenity.  I mailed the samples on 9-15-2011 I got the results yesterday.  They set up a log on on thier web site and I could look at and see when they recieved it and that it was in processing.  Then they emailed and faxed me the reuslts.
(thumbsup)

MOClubbyGuy

I recieved an email today that my results will be processed and completed and to my early next week so the good thing is that they are not out of business  (clapping)

ZNT

We have not had very good luck with Agrigenomics. It took months to, in one case, years to get results, and their billing was about the same. The best thing we did to fix these problems was to quit using carrier cattle. Saving money on top of it!

We have had good luck so far with Igenity for those cattle we didn't raise.

linnettejane

ive always got my results in a timely manner from them, usually 2 weeks after they receive them, 3 max....i have found email is the best way to get in contact with them, though, cause like others, the voicemail was always full when i called...but email was answered in a timely manner...i just ask for confirmation samples were received and estimated date for results...then i dont "bug" them until that date...and they always have the results by the date they give me... ;D