AI Sires- Dial up BEWARE a BUNCH of pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

KDSC

Here are pictures of some of the AI sires pictures that Iwoa took. I just made a new post so we wouldnt have 5 pages of posts but if any one wants to look at the 5 pages of posts here is the link. ;D  http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php/topic,800.0.html

Wind Ridge Leggs
index.php

w7869wind.jpg

Sunseeker
index.php

1pic233.jpg

Reality Red
index.php

index.php

Polar Express
index.php

sh-polar-express.jpg

Leroy Brown
index.php

xx-leroy-brown.jpg

Hired Man
index.php

xx-hiredman.jpg

HEATWAVE!!! aint he pretty ;D ;D
index.php

xx-heatwave.jpg

Hard Core
index.php

MA-hardcore.jpg

Friction
index.php

xx-friction.jpg

Cowboy Up
index.php

Blue Blood
index.php

86.jpg

Ali
index.php

ali_regular.jpg

index.php

Ace in The Hole
index.php

XX-ace-in-the-hole.jpg

showsteerdlux

Thanks for the pics. Good to see them in their working clothes. Im guessing that the hard core pic is from when he had the injured hoof?

garybob

Who is "Reality Red"? Never heard of  him, before. Blue Blood doesn't look that bad, but, He's only what, about 2 1/2 yrs old? I don't want to stir up a bunch of "friction", but, to Me, these Bulls aren't in their working clothes. "Working Clothes" to Me, in my mind means: Out with the Cows. These Bulls are "stalled" and "fed", and still look rough.
I do, by the way, really like the topline on Friction.
GB

CPL

garybob said:
Who is "Reality Red"? Never heard of  him, before. Blue Blood doesn't look that bad, but, He's only what, about 2 1/2 yrs old? I don't want to stir up a bunch of "friction", but, to Me, these Bulls aren't in their working clothes. "Working Clothes" to Me, in my mind means: Out with the Cows. These Bulls are "stalled" and "fed", and still look rough.

GB

Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks KDSC  for some of the before and afters! Definitely a shocker type post.

KDSC

I dont know who he is, I searched the net for awhile and gave up because I couldnt find a Fitted picture of him.

minimoo38

CPL said:
Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks KDSC  for some of the before and afters! Definitely a shocker type post.

it was for me too. that's why i want to go on one of Hawkeye's tours. their place looks amazing, (from what i can see from the main office, anyways ;D)

justintime

I saw several of these bulls almost 18 months ago and they looked exactly like this then. I know that some of these bulls have been in stud continuously since then and as I said in a previous post on here, that I am certainly concerned that at some point the SPCA could step in and make some seizures of some of these bulls.... not for the way they are being housed or fed, but because of the pain and suffering the are being forced to live in.  The condition that Heatwave was in has bothered me bigtime, since I saw him and the picture posted here truely suggests that nothing has changed. I have spent my entire life in this business and I do not think I have ever seen any animal suffering in the state this bull was in the day I saw him. The picture posted here indicates to me that he continues to suffer extreme pain.... for someone's greed. I apologize for being an alarmist here but, as a cattleman who has concerns about some of the things happening in this industry... and how the industry is being preceived by the public.... this stuff continues to really bother me!!!!

I would suggest that if you take a look at these bulls, there are some pictured that have , at least some structural soundness. There are others that are so structurally unsound I question how a few hot dogs show steers balance out with the damage they are doing to commercial herds and club calf herds where these genetics are being produced. There are a few bulls pictured here that I liked, and I think they have some excellent traits. There are a few bulls pictured here that I find so wrong in so many places, that I really question why they continue to be used. Just my opinion folks. You can raise whatever you want, but I would hope that these pictures cause even a few people to do a few minutes of sober reflection on what they are trying to do.

Joe Boy

I talked to one of the owners of Hard Core this fall and he said that Hard Core was doing fine and that he has recovered from a toe removal.  They were pasture breeding him to some cows.

shortyisqueen

garybob said:
To Me, these Bulls aren't in their working clothes. "Working Clothes" to Me, in my mind means: Out with the Cows. These Bulls are "stalled" and "fed", and still look rough.
GB

I always think that bulls look way better out with the cows than they do in a stud. They get fed way more hot feed than a mature bull needs (shouldn't he be able to get by on little more than good quality hay?), and get no exercise. It doesn't take long for them to look about as stale as can be. A bull in his 'out with the cows' working clothes can look pretty impressive compared to a 'in the stud' bull, IMHO!!!

I do agree these bulls look ROUGH!!!

CPL

shortyisqueen said:
garybob said:
To Me, these Bulls aren't in their working clothes. "Working Clothes" to Me, in my mind means: Out with the Cows. These Bulls are "stalled" and "fed", and still look rough.
GB

I always think that bulls look way better out with the cows than they do in a stud. They get fed way more hot feed than a mature bull needs (shouldn't he be able to get by on little more than good quality hay?), and get no exercise. It doesn't take long for them to look about as stale as can be. A bull in his 'out with the cows' working clothes can look pretty impressive compared to a 'in the stud' bull, IMHO!!!

I do agree these bulls look ROUGH!!!

If its not there to begin with, changing environments will do little to anything. The genetics have to be there, I doubt its in most of those bulls.

kane1598

It would be great if someone could update this thread with some new/different bulls.  Does anyone have more pics? :D :)

GRsimm

I have heard from more than one person that they hate for people to see their bulls at stud because they get them run down to produce more semen. Its kinda like the deal if a cows to fat they dont breed if a bull is too fat he does not produce as much semen. Well its tough to look at some of them in that condition but i guess if they are making someone money they will keep them there until they quit even if its wrong not that I agree with that but it seems thats what is happening. Hopefully someone can send some new pics to see if anyof them have improved. (lol)

txshowlamb

thats sad why are they allowing there best bulls to decline so bad it sad to see them in that condition none the less that uncomfortable something should be done thats horrible and very upsetting

knabe

not all bulls are this run down.  it is only a small cross section.  my sister and brother visisted two bull studs in oklahoma last week on vacation for fun.  they are city slickers.  my cousin is not.  he was proud of the condition and care of the bulls.  his oil drilling boss i think owns one of the studs.