Air travel---what fun!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

I know some of you were caught in the whole flight cancellation fiasco a few weeks ago.  I guess its my turn now.  I flew into Louisville on Monday for business, drove up to Jasper and Washington, IN yesterday, and caught a very short flight out of Lousiville at 7:00 a.m.this morning.  Short-- Like 10 minutes long.  After we took off the cabin got really hot, you could smell something hot, and there was an slight, acrid smoke.  The pilot said we were going to land again and then he must have opened a window or something cause it got real comfortable from then until we landed.  When we got on the ground I looked out and saw emergency vehicles and trucks following us with their flashing lights.  We were told we would be on the ground for at least two hours.  Unfortunately, that has now been moved back to a t least 3:00 p.m. and there are no connecting flights for me from Mpls. home until 9:30 this evening.    Its gonna be a long travel day--but hey I guess it happens to everyone sometime.  Too bad I turned in my rental car or I'd go down and watch the Steamboat race on the Ohio River today.  Its Derby week and there's all kinds of things  going on!!  Too bad I can't take any of them in!!

Latest posts