AK-SAR-BEN

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bone2011

Anyone go or have any luck? We took two steers one was 2nd in class behind the grand steer and we beat Vicklands in class so I was happy.

smurf

We went and my little brother had Champion Catch-A-Calf.  Our heifers were both fourth in big classes.  All in all it was a fun show!

Jan

well GC..

Vicklands calf was the high seller out of your dad's sale.. true or no true??
Probably not good for business to brag about beating a steer your dad is behind.
just a thought..

Bone2011

Jan said:
well GC..

Probably not good for business to brag about beating a steer your dad is behind.
just a thought..

No I'm sorry for the misunderstanding he is not my dad I just work for him,  and true i should be nicer.

Dusty

GC said:
Jan said:
well GC..

just a thought..

No I'm sorry for the misunderstanding he is not my dad I just work for him,  and true i should be nicer.

What steer did they show?  Was it the HW x Who??

Jan

well there is something wrong with bragging when that was the high seller from your employers sale. sends a message.

lewscrew

whats the message sometime it takes more than money or maybe the judge didn't know that was the top selling steer at his employers sale ;D

shortyjock89

Jan said:
somebody's ignorant.

I know what you mean, but GC apologized and I don't think they'll be bragging like that again.

And the message is sends is that some people won't sell their best ones and then beat their customers. Not good business usually.

ash

Kysa Downing won.  GC your steer would have had to be third in her class because her brother Chisum was second in that class and also Div II Reserve champion.

bueno

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Jan said:
somebody's ignorant.

I know what you mean, but GC apologized and I don't think they'll be bragging like that again.

And the message is sends is that some people won't sell their best ones and then beat their customers. Not good business usually.

Common opinion:  terrible judging job, best 7 at show were buried and noone could figure out why
Grand steer: flat muscled, no belly or bone, common calf, nice profile excepet no flank
Reserve: no need to comment, judge himself butchered the calf giving reasons in class and division