AKA bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

TimiyaAlexa

i remember him walking decent enough. if you breed to a sound cow he would be most likely be fine. but those front legs are bad.

kfacres

TimiyaAlexa said:
i remember him walking decent enough. if you breed to a sound cow he would be most likely be fine. but those front legs are bad.

but that problem would always be in your gene pool-- course breeding cross to cross is a crap shoot at best anyways...

personally, so what he toes out a little?  I've never seen a sound one that didn't toe out slightly-- got to in order to have a little cushion...  Ever see a truck driver with his right foot pointing straight ahead?  NOPE.. gotta toe out slightly for cushion...  

my personal concern would be his rear leg hock set- looking to lack flex.. or more importantly his roughness of shoulder...  but of course, this is a goofy angle, and almost any picture taken from this angle, will make one look bold shouldered.

TimiyaAlexa

We have purebred angus cows that we breed to cross bulls for the most part. and we typically breed for market animals.

wyatt

Cut the BS said:
TimiyaAlexa said:
We have purebred angus cows that we breed to cross bulls for the most part. and we typically breed for market animals.

but the temptation, to keep those 'good' heifer calves-- will never go away...
^^^^^ that right there is my problem haha  (clapping)