Ali Semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

Knobby

I had heard it was going for 180.00 at one time. Is the value dropping?

doublestuff

In my humble opinion there are much better bulls to choose from than Ali. Even on Heifers.

scales17

easy now,
what bulls are better than ali?

i do understand that there are alot of C.E bulls out there. but 75 % of them go back to ali bloodlines

doublestuff

I like Dirty Hairy on heifers. The calves just have so much more to them than Ali calves. Have only seen one calf that I thought was a ringer out of Ali and as much as he is used you would think there would be a whole bunch. The guy that posted didn't specify for heifers either,so once you get out of the calving ease world I don't even know why he'd be a part of the coversation of available sires to choose from. Just too many that are way better. Just my opinion.

Dyer Show cattle

I agree with doublestuff. I bred 6 heifers 2 years ago to ALI, none of them made the cut. Out of 6 I had 1  c section and 3 others that were pulled. No consistancy. Only awesome ali calves I have seen have came out of really good cows. I am yet to see a real awesome ALI calf out of a hiefer. 

TMJ Show Cattle

I agree mostly with the Ali posts. Almost to a tee,the truly great Ali steers and heifers are from unmistakeable outstanding cows, that have proven themselves as donors. There are a few exceptions of course. Dirty Harry has had his ups and downs as well. He either clicks or he doesn't. We have had good luck with him at limited use. Good friends have used him on some really good cows,and he gets 1 out of every 10 cows with a saleable calf for showing.School is still out on Smokin Joe. Hard Core works pretty good for some,not others. I like Bremer's Kassanova bull. New Level is supposed  be good,heck they all are a crap shoot.

DakotaCow

I had way too much inconsistency with Ali and the calves were the most disappointing I have had, the cleanup bulls threw nicer calves and calved easier. I love shiver on heifers though! He can power then up pretty fast, or at least has for us.

Joe Boy

Every Ali calf I have had were the first to sale and we have not pulled a one in 3 years.  All of them have been in the 50-70 lbs range.  I wished they grew faster.  Some need more hair.  Hard Core calves are thicker.  The Ali bulls I have sold have been easy calvers too. 

I am using Smokin Joe and Tyson, two of Ali sons  this year.  I am also going to use Triple X and a couple of other bulls.... have not made up my mind, have a file folder full of prospects.

Latest posts