Alias on stout Angus cows?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ausley Family Farms

How well does alias work on PB Angus cattle. We have a lot of OCC genetics in our herd. We are planing on breeding most of them to Climax this spring, but i have heard that Alias can make some pretty good heifers. The long term plan is to get some heifers out of these Angus cow that we can use to replace some of our Clubby type cows that we already have.

Thanks,
Brett Ausley

kfacres

Ausley Family Farms said:
How well does alias work on PB Angus cattle. We have a lot of OCC genetics in our herd. We are planing on breeding most of them to Climax this spring, but i have heard that Alias can make some pretty good heifers. The long term plan is to get some heifers out of these Angus cow that we can use to replace some of our Clubby type cows that we already have.

Thanks,
Brett Ausley

From the Alias' that I have seen- about 3/4 of them are colored out of black cows-- and the good ones are really good.  I don't know that Alias is a bull to use on small to very moderate stout cows-- as that's the peice I've always seen him inject.  I would be sure to stick him in larger, sounder type females and gear for the good ones.. I've seen some real TANKS out of Alias over the years...