All Aboard Calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

CNS

Anyone have experience using the bull All Aboard?  How do they look? How doe they calve?  What would you use him on?

All replies appreciated.

stkrdge

we had a really good hefier last year. the steer calves i have seen have been really powerful,sound and nice fronted.he dosent get used much because he is clean. the bull has as much power as any we have raised.

CNS

How was the bull in calving size?  Did you have any concerns on the size of your heifer calf at birth?  Any type of cows you would not use him on?
I have some shorthorn cows I was thinking of using him on or some of my Angus cows.

Thanks for the reply.

stkrdge

I wouldn't use him on hefiers. Even though he is a large percent angus he should work well on angus cows. His brothers  Headliner and monopoly have proven to us that they can make one powerfull enough out of an angus cow. All aboard will add bone, body, and power to any type of cow.

CNS

Thanks for the advice.  I will start with the Angus cows and learn from there.

OH Breeder

stkrdge said:
I wouldn't use him on hefiers. Even though he is a large percent angus he should work well on angus cows. His brothers  Headliner and monopoly have proven to us that they can make one powerfull enough out of an angus cow. All aboard will add bone, body, and power to any type of cow.

What were the birthweights like? Did he throw hair?

stkrdge

we had 70- 80 pound average but I don't think there is any predictibility to what you could have. we have an all aboard hefier this year and she is freaky haired!