All around simmy bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

DakotaCow

Another vote for Mo Better! Just good solid cattle with some longevity built in.

Dyer Show cattle

simbuys said:
Wheatland 680s I bragg him up concistently, calving ease isnt the greatest.HE's a new kinda sensation I'm trying him on some angus/simm cows. Homo Black Homo Polled
http://www.wheatlandcattle.com/ Check him out

I have also been a fan of wheatland bulls after seeing some at some sales. I have not had any calves but been thinking of trying a couple cows.

husker1

Are any of you getting ugly Mo Better's, or are we the only victims?  Ours have been really sloppy fronted, not very sound, and ugly.

thebulllady

I've got a bull from Grindstone Creek that's a Mo Town out of the Perfection cow, and he's thrown about 95% white faces on my calves.  I've got Simmental, Simbrah and Brahman cattle, and I've been getting mostly white faces on the Brahman's calves as well, which is pretty hard to do.

I've never pulled a calf, and the bull is dog gentle, even though he hadn't been handled at all when I bought him a year ago.  Tons of hair (passes it to his calves) and really good fronted. 

Dyer Show cattle

husker1 said:
Are any of you getting ugly Mo Better's, or are we the only victims?  Ours have been really sloppy fronted, not very sound, and ugly.

My Mo betters are pretty good up front, but they would be out of the mo better son I have that is pretty clean up front. Even the cows that are sloppy the calves are pretty clean fronted.

farmermom

The Show said:
I'm fixing to breed a few cows to Rendition. I don't really care for Macho calves bc they tend to be a little cut up in the flank and tie into their back 1/3 weird, but they do have really good hips.

I was talking about the GWS Rendition ( Trademark Son) there's a Rendition (macho son) out there too.

Bulldaddy

My Mo Betters are very clean fronted.  One was a class winner at Houston last year.  The MBs out of Angus cows are making really good cows.

Dyer Show cattle said:
husker1 said:

My Mo betters are pretty good up front, but they would be out of the mo better son I have that is pretty clean up front. Even the cows that are sloppy the calves are pretty clean fronted.

Dyer Show cattle

Glad to hear the MO Betters are making cows right now I have 20+ heifers on the ground, and only 7 bulls. Only have 3 bull calves out of my bull others are AI calves. All the heifers look like they are going to make cows. My calves out of angus based cows look good, the Meyer 734 based cows and % maine cows calves look even better. I have been using EXT Angus backround bulls for about 4 years, been very pleased but  I think all of my calves this year out of my Mo Better son look to be better yet. Don't know how im going to pick any heifers to sell.