All my ducks in a row

Help Support Steer Planet:

sawboss

After three months of rain, then heat and slow contractors we finally finished our summer project.  The new barn is complete 48'x48' with a 48'x54' exercise pen attached.  Inside we have 4 pens that are 8'x16' each equipped with a 24" Sullivan Turbo Fan and a 16" Port-a-cool water fan blowing across all four pens.  The walk-in cooler is up and running 8'x14' and is housed with our Paul Scales and Silver King squeeze chute.  Trim chutes and 10'x16' wash rack in place and used daily.  We are currently housing 2 heifers, 2 steers and 2 goats in the new barn.  We picked up the show broilers yesterday to complete our fall package.  I think our boat (Noah's Ark) is loaded when you throw in the four horses and pasture cattle.  I guess I had better forget about the ducks!

sawboss

I have one Port-a-cool that blows across all four pens, it is set to the side so that the Turbo's pick up the cooler air.  We also use it to take to shows as it is on a rolling cart.  Works great in hot stale barns!

DL

sawboss -QUACK!! good for you,  it's not easy to round up all those ducks -  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)congrats!

knabe

summer project?  i've been working on my pathetic barn for 7 years and when it's finished, it's still gonna be a dump.  congrats.  envy.

afhm

Sawboss they make plastic ducting for the port a cools that you can use to drop the cool air down tight in front of the fans.  I don't think it is too terribly expensive.

dori36

sawboss said:
After three months of rain, then heat and slow contractors we finally finished our summer project.  The new barn is complete 48'x48' with a 48'x54' exercise pen attached.  Inside we have 4 pens that are 8'x16' each equipped with a 24" Sullivan Turbo Fan and a 16" Port-a-cool water fan blowing across all four pens.  The walk-in cooler is up and running 8'x14' and is housed with our Paul Scales and Silver King squeeze chute.  Trim chutes and 10'x16' wash rack in place and used daily.  We are currently housing 2 heifers, 2 steers and 2 goats in the new barn.  We picked up the show broilers yesterday to complete our fall package.  I think our boat (Noah's Ark) is loaded when you throw in the four horses and pasture cattle.  I guess I had better forget about the ducks!

Sounds nicer than my house!  Just to toss this out to everyone, I have a Sullivan Air Express blower I'm not going to use again.  It's about 3 yrs old but has only been used for one show (Am Royal) on 4 calves.  What's it worth?  It has 2 speeds.  Thanks!