all OK?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I heard there were 21 deaths from tornados over the weekend. Everyone get hit? Hopefully all OK!  (angel)

Red

inthebarnagain

We weren't in the tornados in Oklahoma but had some wicked wind on top of rain soaked ground in Indiana.  We had a huge old (100+ years) ash tree fall across the fence that missed our landlords house by about 20 feet.  Our house is about a 1/4 mile away and we felt the shake.  It was worse than the earthquake.  Needless to say it fell directly on the fence so that is our job for the day.  The trunk is about 3 to 4 feet in diameter so fun, fun, fun.

SWMO

We are all ok at our place.  However, many of our trees didn't survive.  Didn't have a tornado but had some wicked straight line winds.  But nothing like what they got just south of us.  Whole families were killed.  Please pray for all those who lost loved ones and houses. 

We will just have many many fences to fix and trees to cut up and push out.

Attachments

• IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 305

Jill

They kept saying SW MO on the news last night, wasn't sure where you were at, glad to hear you are ok.

BRdoc

Red, We actually had the early developments, of the tornado that hit Picher, OK, hit us on the highway. While traveling on the highway, my wife said "look at all those birds". I looked and soon realized..."Honey those aren't birds!!" I jerked the Suburban (full of my boys) off the highway. It was a small tornado. What she thought was birds, was actually thousands of leaves flying in a tornado. It just rocked the car for about 1 minute and was gone. the highway was littered with leaves for about 1 mile. After seeing what happened later, I felt blessed to be alive. My 3 yr old thinks he likes tornados now! Thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by these storms.

red

wow, I've always heard one of the worst places, besides a mobile home, is in a car. So glad all OK!
Also, SWMO those pictures look terrible but glad you're OK too.

Will certainly say a prayer for all.

Red  (angel)

Simmymom1

Tornadoes scare me to death!!  I am glad everyone is ok, prayers for all that were involved!!  (angel)

SWMO

Several of the deaths were people traveling to a wedding in a large SUV.  Brdoc you were lucky.

BRdoc

SWMO, Looking at your pics a little closer...Main thing is you all were ok. But on a lighter note...It pains me to see all the @#$% fence you will have to re-build!! Gotta feel for ya on that one. And yes, I do feel very lucky for my family.javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

SWMO

My husband was just weary looking.  We hadn't gotten all the ice storm damage cleaned up yet.  The worst of it is that all of this is hedge rows with the hedge grown around the fence :mad:  We have an offset hot wire run all along this row.  1 1/2 miles in its entirety.)  So to top it all off.  None of our fence is hot at the moment.