AMAA dues

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Wow, I got a notice from the AMAA. Next year's dues are going to double. Going from $50 to $100. Not sure about you but that's a big price hike.
Any thoughts or feedback? The Voice is included in that. Junior dues are also increasing.

Red

AAOK

My guess is that JB informed the Board that the AMAA dues were half that of the ASA.  I've wondered for a couple of years why this hadn't already happened.

knabe

i noticed in the minutes that some travel expenses were going to be paid, not sure what that's about.  also, a test for spastic pareisis is potentially in the works which costs money as well.  i'm ok with the dues increase, what does the breed association to help maine breeders get bulls in bull tests other than maine ads in regional periodicals?  is it appropriate for the breed to get involved with these types of test, perhaps sifting, coordination etc?

red

Here is information from the last meeting on the increase:

Motion was made and seconded to increase adult membership dues to $100 beginning Jan. 1, 2008. Amendment to the motion was made and seconded to give back 25% of the increase to the state association from where it came if a viable and working state association is present. Amendment carried. Motion carried. Motion made and seconded
to increase junior membership dues to an annual fee of $25. Amendment made and seconded to use all increase dollars from junior membership dues for junior activities. Amendment carried. Motion carried.

knabe

noticed this as well under the promotion marketing section

Promotion/Marketing
Update was given in committee regarding the commercial marketing program and its on going projects. The board instructed AMAA Commercial Marketing director, Dave Steen, to again conduct a steer feeding trial for the 2007/2008 season. Motion made and seconded to contract with IMI Global, Inc., for a Source and Age Verification Maine-Anjou breeder/ feeder needs. Motion carried. Motion made and seconded to again negotiate for a program with RFD-TV. Format of program may be changed with the association to pay for participating members to travel to shooting site. Motion carried.