Amen

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

Did anyone ever have any calves from him or see any? I like the look of the bull, he's clean and has that look I like. To me Friction stamps a cocky athletic look to his calves. I was hoping Amen was working out. It would be nice to have a clean bullthat could throw steers or heifers that work.

Till-Hill

That's my thought on him too. Got a RWF Hereford x Angus cow bred to him due I think 3-15 carrying a bull. She had set of pretty good set of twin Headliners last year so I will keep you updated. I allready ordered Amen's maternal brother Simple Math. He looks like he might reduce frame a little and add the baldy........

Buck

Have one heifer that was born in Sept. that I plan to keep. She is out of an old Heat Seeker cow. Athletic would be a good general description of her. She is very stylish and sound as a cat. Really wide and square at her hips with plenty of rib. If I could change her I would make her a little deeper in her flank and although she is really long and extended in her front she could be a little smoother at the point of her shoulder. I will get the calves up in March and clip them. I will try to post some pictures of her at that time. I will use him again.

Buck

Come on people, surely I am not the only guy out here that bred a cow to him.

vc

I did find some of his calves on Thompson's Show Cattle they were fall borns and look good just green, they had some sell in October as well, just can't call those up.

Diamond

Just had one born, big calf but the cow tends to throw them big. Born unassisted. He really fixed her frount leg structure. Cow has a good neck and he took away from that, calf is rather short necked, and big shoulderd. Great hair. Has the weirdest coloured eyes, thought he might have sight problems but, seems to see fine. Ill post some pictures tonight if anyone wants. I will use him again, but on a real freaky frounted one.

mark tenenbaum

Some of them are coming pretty big-my buddy in Indiana had twins out of a Purebred Angus who has never had one over 78 pounds-88 pound hiefer,80 pound bull-168 pounds of calves-the real killer was a Fringe-144 pounds out of a "calving ease" Byland mission Shorthorn cow. O0

jackpotcattle

Freddy said:
The Reimean ranch in S.D, owns part of him or raised him didn't they ....
Chad Thompson raised him from, I believe, a preg recip he bought from Kroupa. Unless Nick just bought part of him I think just Thompson, Burg, and some other Springs guy own him.

all.thumbs

Amen got us premature twins of 95 and 65 pounds who lived little more than an hour and a cow who died a few hrs after her Caesarean.

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Some of you re looking for something to down size the SIMPLE MATH downsized my calves on a flush with N.I. DAUGHTER A LOT , have a son that definitely is downsized and soggy ,not super big,will have clipped this weekend and try  to get pictures ....Daughter is also less frame
and real soggy,little brisket up front ....

Dusty

Had an Amen X HW born a few nights ago.  It was one of those matings where we were shooting for a bull(about the only way to guarantee getting a heifer).  About 95lbs, induced a week early.  Hairy, stout, looks to be sound, and hairy. Looks lilke its gonna have some shoulder to her right now.  Other than that, pretty nice calf.