american idol 08

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

watched most of idol last night, but missed the last guy as i fell asleep right before he came on.  nothing reallly seemed that good.  anyone think differently?

switched back and forth between idol and biggest loser.  for the first time, the girls actually kicked the boys butts and lost the most weight.  totally unbelieveable.  don't know why, but i keep watching that show.  i actually kind of tear up sometimes the effort those guys put in to that show.  i think jillian has finally figured out how to get the women to lose more weight than the men.  can't believe bob didn't work the boys a little more.  food insights are great, though some of the plugs are little annoying like for packaged oatmeal with sugar.

woops, back to american idol.  no one with real range in their voice, and when they attempt it, they have to scream the lyrics.  i guess figure this out early rather than later when winning is on the line.    i love it when people can change octives, it's really more difficult than people realize.

red

I really like the Aussie, Michele Johns,  but don't think he'll last to the end. they'll go w/ a younger one this year again.
For the best year supposedly pretty boring group.

BRdoc

Knabe, totally agree with you. No range at all. But, you fell asleep too early. David Cook ( my sleeper all along) is the front runner IMO. He does have SOME range. And most importantly is BRAVE. he sang Billie Jean with a Rock twist and it worked. that takes some guts.

knabe

BRdoc,  i checked it out on youtube, it was pretty good, but to keep going, he's got to differentiate himself from eddie vedder and pearl jam.

like to see him sing going to california without the pearl jam vibe, or a folk song or some other genre's.  aaok can probably think of a few.

i hope the next winner can have a little flexibility.

i saw carrie underwood do a gospel song in some arena the other day on tv, and i gotta say, even though i think she's ok, that version totally sucked, no energy, only 3 or 4 notes.  i would rather have heard some congregation member, even a man sing that song.

OH Breeder

red said:
I really like the Aussie, Michele Johns,  but don't think he'll last to the end. they'll go w/ a younger one this year again.
For the best year supposedly pretty boring group.

Spot ON for QUeen! I am with you on that one. Also thought Carly did a great job with Bonnie Tyler. I d'ont get what Simon and the others hear all the time.
david is okay. Just keep thinking of Chris D.