20.7 KB · Views: 677
  • 2008_bull_calf_american_muscle_out_of_masterplan_daughter_thumb.jpg
    2008_bull_calf_american_muscle_out_of_masterplan_daughter_thumb.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 655
  • 2008_bull_calf_american_muscle_thumb.jpg
    2008_bull_calf_american_muscle_thumb.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 675

Telos

Nice looking calves. Really like the built-in capacity those calves appear to have. American Muscle looks like he is going to work and perhaps outbreed himself. SJCC, could you post his pedigree?

sjcattleco

x4111875

There is his Reg number. I tried to cut and paste his pedigree but it didn't fit very well..

I raised AM's sire and dam....

Since he is very heavily linebred he will stamp his calves with his look! 

I will post pics of his full sister  soon.  We think she is a good one as well! 

knabe

um, wow,  i REALLY like their top lines as they run into the withers and through the neck, especially the first one.

justme

Scott I think you got yourself a dandy on your hands!  I am partial to that middle calf.  Not sure why but when all 3 were up on my screen he caught my eye right away and kept it there.

Congratulations! 

knabe

i think it's the projection of his front end in the second one that looks so awesome.  it almost looks like if you combine 1 and 2 you have 3.

knabe

if you have a red carrier solid color pattern maine cow, what would a calf look like color coat option wise mated to Muscle?

the naming for offspring from this bull is uh, a little desirable.

Show Heifer

VERY NICE!! You just showed these pictures to make me regret not using him!!!
What were their birth weights? Any pics of their mommas?

sjcattleco

OK here is the honest to goodness no BS deal report that I got from Norman Bruce at Leveldale.

American Muscle was bred to the largest cows in their inventory!  they did not use him on the cows that I would have... When I was there I would have bred him to the Eagle 148 daughters but they were the only ones that were anywhere close to what my cows were like.....My guess was the cows they used were pushing frame 7 and way over 1600 lbs  Impressive females just big! 

Norm said that the cows went through a period of VERY VERY cold weather that drove birth weights up way over what they should have been..... His first Birth weights were in that 90 - 100 lb range,  but Norm said all the calves were that heavy, reguardless of the sire... Lee Bigham experienced the same phenomenon as well this year at practically the same time frame!  the calves came unassisted just big.  I am expecting to have an average of less than 80lbs out of him next Spring but my cows are easily a frame score smaller on average and I know my available nutritional options are no where near what the leveldale cows had.. They were on silage!

On a side note.. Next year 1/2 of our calf crop will be sired by American Muscle and the other half will be 3/4 sibs to him!!! So if anyone is shopping for stuff like AM  the supply will be here in 2009!

justintime

I saw the AM calves at Leveldale just over a week ago. I don't think I saw a heifer calf sired by him, but I may be wrong. I saw 4 or 5 roan steers sired by him though.  Dr.Les Mathers toured us through the herd, and we saw some very good cows and calves from several different sires.

OH Breeder

Is it possible to get larger photos. When I tried to blow them up it distorted the image. My eyes are not that good. Nice set of calves. Would be nice to see momma's but understand that. Good to see he is working out for you all.

sjcattleco

go to leveldale.com and look under the calves for sale tab! you can see these thumbs there and then click on them to see a much larger view! 

Latest posts