American Muscle

Help Support Steer Planet:

sjcattleco

Folks just wanted to post and let people know that we sent American Muscle to market  yesterday..... It was just time  7 yrs old.....  I am sure that he will be one of the best we ever raise.

Thanks to all the folks that have used him.. There have been some good ones out there. ... We will still have some semen for sale if you are looking for that type of sire.

blackdiamond

any good pictures of him from later in life?

I had thought of using him at one time, just never did pull the trigger, maybe I should have? 

sjcattleco

Nooo I don't know about other people but I don't run around with a camera... and after 20 yrs all the pictures look the same to me There is a pic of him on here at 4 or 5 out with cows that looks pretty good... I am convinced that this endophyte fescue really is hard on our cattle.  We don't seem to get the longevity that the western states get with cows/bulls  that are on that prairie or short grass.

I have 2 maternal brothers at my disposal one we used last year and liked and one not to sure of might use him a little this year.

IMO Gizmo was one of the soundest most functional bulls EVER across any breed and that type is what we are trying to reproduce  in a genetic package that is moderate in type and kind for several generations.

Anyway AM was special around here and he had to go and I will miss him!

J2F

Great bulls never completely  leave the farm ;) they give you great daughters that keep a piece of him around forever.  ;D

ROMAX

Thats too bad,I always liked that pic of him out breeding cows,he looked like quite the stud.Did you ever try to sell him privately too a smaller breeder who would have got a couple more years out of him?

sjcattleco

nooo tried to sell him couple years back didn't pan out... Did not want to go through the hassel of semen rights and all that AND he certianly did not owe me anything so he just stayed around... But we had some major damage this past year durig that bad storm and insurance did not cover all the expenses so along with some cull cows and heifers we just decided it was time for him...

its weird I am sure there the vast majority of members on  here would understand how hard it really was to load him... I am glad that his mother is still productive.  his grandmother made it to 18 I hope she has several more in her!!!  She had a dandy heifer last year!!